Am I eligible

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
mcapasso
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 12 Dec 2017, 10:54

Am I eligible

Post by mcapasso »

Here is my situation:
Grandmother and Grandfather on father's side born and have Italian citizenship today.

My father was born in Italy with citizenship. Moved to the US in the 1980's and became a naturalized US citizenship (renouncing Italian citizenship). I was born in 1992 AFTER he renounced.

My grandmother remains an Italian citizenship.

Am I eligible to begin the process?

Thank
User avatar
mler
Master
Master
Posts: 2515
Joined: 01 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Am I eligible

Post by mler »

You cannot skip generations, so your grandmother won’t work. However, if your parents married before April 27, 1983 (and before your father naturalized), you qualify through her.

Also if your father reacquired his citizenship anytime before your 18th birthday, you would also qualify.
Post Reply