Jure Sanguinis - Document problems please help!

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
Maire.
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 07 Oct 2017, 03:49

Jure Sanguinis - Document problems please help!

Post by Maire. »

Hey all!

I am trying to get citizenship through my father who was an Italian citizen his entire life. I am definitely entitled to it.

After adding him to my own birth certificate I received his birth certificate in the post that had a different birth place listed on it than on his Italian passport. I am wondering do I amend my birth certificate to have his birth place match with his birth certificate or should I leave it to match his passport?

His passport says his last place of residence under "place of birth", I don't know if that makes any difference.
Post Reply