Thank you both for all the great information on our Gregori ancestors. I am Michele Gregori and Rose Santoro's great grandson, and the information that you and Cissi have pulled together have been invaluable. I have followed my paternal line to Michele's parents, Pietro Gregori and Grazia Occlussi. They had Michele in Cetraro, Cosenza, Calabria, Italy on Oct. 17, 1879 (Birth date is from Michele's draft records). If I could find a birth certificate for Michele Gregori, it could give me Pietro and Grazia's birth dates and places of birth for futher research. This information does not turn up yet on Ancestry. Interestingly, the name Occlussi does not seem to show up anywhere in an online search, leading me to wonder if this name is correct.
(Satare) Rose Santoro's birth certificate would be equally invaluable. Satare Rose Santoro
1879–1974, BIRTH 5 APR 1879 • Cetraro, Cosenza, Calabria, Italy
Should I write to an agency in Italy?
Any hints you could provide on following up on this lead would be appreciated.
Papa, Santoro & Gregori from Calabria, Italy and NY
-
EddyGregory
- Newbie

- Posts: 8
- Joined: 30 Dec 2017, 20:54
- Location: New York City
- Contact:
-
EddyGregory
- Newbie

- Posts: 8
- Joined: 30 Dec 2017, 20:54
- Location: New York City
- Contact:
Re: Papa, Santoro & Gregori from Calabria, Italy and NY
I also see how to search the records by year now. Very helpful. Thanks.
-
EddyGregory
- Newbie

- Posts: 8
- Joined: 30 Dec 2017, 20:54
- Location: New York City
- Contact:
Re: Papa, Santoro & Gregori from Calabria, Italy and NY
posted this to the wrong board.EddyGregory wrote: 07 Jan 2018, 19:52 I also see how to search the records by year now. Very helpful. Thanks.