Birth Place of Dominico Luciano - Napoli Kingdom

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Post Reply
Pempent
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 07 Jan 2018, 14:03
Location: France

Birth Place of Dominico Luciano - Napoli Kingdom

Post by Pempent »

Hi,

I am researching the birth place of Dominico LUCIANO.
He was a war prisonner and married in France in 1800.
The marriage certificate indicates that he was soldier of Puglia Regiment.
The informations are written in french : he is son of Etienne LUCIANO and Marie CHAVATTO and born in "Bonnet, province de Montefuno au Royaume de naples".
Here you can find the beginning of the wedding certificate where the place is written :
http://www.zimagez.com/zimage/capturef3 ... 018aca.php

I suppose that Bonnet is the french name of his birth place (bonnet means cappellino).
I need help to find where it is.

Thanks
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Birth Place of Dominico Luciano - Napoli Kingdom

Post by suanj »

Hi,
no Montefuno but, I believe, Montefusco... and the birthplace could be Bonito.
Bonito is far just 19 Km from Montefusco...
The mother maiden name could be Ciavatta... so, Domenico was the son of Stefano ( Etienne=Stefano) Luciano and Maria Ciavatta..

however they are just my suggestions... if he married on 1800, and it was 24 old, he was born around 1776... or I am wrong abt the probable Birth year?
Thanks to reply,
best regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Pempent
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 07 Jan 2018, 14:03
Location: France

Re: Birth Place of Dominico Luciano - Napoli Kingdom

Post by Pempent »

Hi,

You make me very happy :D
It is the first time i have an idea where to search in Italia.
I spent time to search Montefuno on a map :oops:

Yes, he was 24 old in 1800 so born around 1776.
In the wedding certificate, it is written that his parents are alive and not present.

Image

I never tought to change the french "ch" of Chavatto into the italian "c".
I note that you propose Ciavatta for Chavatto.

Dominico Luciano had at least 2 children in France, a girl born in 1802 which is my grand-grand....grand-mother and a other girl born and dead in 1806.
Dominico died before the birth of his second daughter.

Big thanks for your help
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Birth Place of Dominico Luciano - Napoli Kingdom

Post by suanj »

Hi,
in italian spelling the "cha" is a Language error...
the teacher teaches that with the vowels "e, i" needs the H yes! and " a,u,o" needs H no!

So Ciavatta, because is a surname of South Italy, I never heard Ciavatto.. the "cha" on the mother maiden name, is the "Cia" in italian Language, so Ciavatta...

Montefusco I believe right and ditto abt Bonito birthplace... but no civil records on line...and I believe starting from 1809 abt, so just the Church records...

However, before of anything, better to check if really my intuition is right.
If you can try here: https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... %20Library
in a Mormon center near to you,
especially in Morti 1816-1861 (deaths) microfilm, if you will find the death of Stefano Luciano or Maria Ciavatta you have the certainty that the birthplace's intuition is right, ditto searching in this microfilm: Pubblicazioni 1810-1860 (abt marriage banns), if Domenico had brothers and sisters, if they married you can find here some trace, to read abt the parent's names, and it is helpful also.....

When you will be sure abt Bonito birthplace, it needs just to contact the parish and to ask if the baptism records around 1775/1776 are availables...
Instead if my intuition is wrong, we must search again....
best regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Pempent
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 07 Jan 2018, 14:03
Location: France

Re: Birth Place of Dominico Luciano - Napoli Kingdom

Post by Pempent »

Hi,

I didn't find the microfilm available in a mormon center near my town.
And they announced that they don't send microfilms anymore. I have to wait for a numerized version of the microfilm.

Thanks for all your advices.
With your help, i know now where to begin my research and which names i have to search for.

Big thanks again !!
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Birth Place of Dominico Luciano - Napoli Kingdom

Post by suanj »

the latin name of Bonito was: Bonetum in Hirpinis= Bonito nell'Irpinia.
The Irpinia is the area... you can see the name: Bonetum/Bonnet stated Domenico... similar true, in the first part.... I believe that a local genealogist can help you... because to wait.... so much abt a numerized version..... it is long to wait!
Good luck,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Pempent
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 07 Jan 2018, 14:03
Location: France

Re: Birth Place of Dominico Luciano - Napoli Kingdom

Post by Pempent »

Hi,

I wait since several years, i can wait a bit more :lol: and the Mormons announced that all microfilms should be numerized for 2020.
It will come fast.

And i have so much to do with all my research that my days are too short to do all :?

I took notes of all your informations.
Thanks again
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Birth Place of Dominico Luciano - Napoli Kingdom

Post by suanj »

Happy to help!
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Post Reply