Birth Certificate

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
Outworld
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 11 Jan 2018, 03:06

Birth Certificate

Post by Outworld »

Hi guys!

I'm looking for birth certificate of my ancestor, but I don't know how to locate your city of birth. I believe it's in Campolongo Maggiore, in Venezia, but I'm not sure about that. The information I have so far from my ancestor's family is that they arrived in Brazil on October 30, 1888 and then went to the Horta Barbosa inn.

Their names were:

Pasquale Fasolato (father) - 36
Catherina Pivato (mother) - ?
Anna Fasolato (daughter) - 11
Sante Fasolato (son) - 10
Giacomo Fasolato (son) - 7
Celeste Fasolato (daughter) - 4
Giovanni Fasolato (son) - 1

Among them, Sante is the Italian ascendant I'm looking for. His year of birth is 1878.

Can anyone help me?
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5841
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Birth Certificate

Post by PippoM »

Here is their marriage record in Campolongo in 1876:

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=998937

Both of them were born there, but at the time of their birth civil records were not kept.
Unfortunately, "allegati" for 1876 don't seem to be available; they might contain their baptism certificate.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Post Reply