Church in Oliveto, Valanidi, Reggio Calabria

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Post Reply
cportante
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 47
Joined: 05 Nov 2016, 14:55

Church in Oliveto, Valanidi, Reggio Calabria

Post by cportante »

Hello --

Anyone familiar with the area of Motta S. Giovanni/Valanidi (RC)...

I am trying to confirm the church where my grandmother was baptized. The document I have shows Parrochia di Valanidi Inferiore Oliveto. I am wondering if this would be the church of S. Maria Madre della Consolazione in Oliveto or possibly another church. Thank you in advance!

Best,
Chris
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Church in Oliveto, Valanidi, Reggio Calabria

Post by mmogno »

Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
cportante
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 47
Joined: 05 Nov 2016, 14:55

Re: Church in Oliveto, Valanidi, Reggio Calabria

Post by cportante »

Hello. I saw this as well, but why wouldn't the name of the actual church be on the Baptismal record? I guess it's the only church in Oliveto, so it must be it.
Post Reply