Ascoli Piceno/Marche Help

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Post Reply
mmillercensi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 17 Mar 2017, 20:01

Ascoli Piceno/Marche Help

Post by mmillercensi »

I am trying to find my great grandfather's birth certificate. Unfortunately, my family doesn't have that much information. Before I send a letter and money to a location to ask for the birth certificate, is there any way to find out if that's really where he was born? We have always heard he was from Ascoli Piceno but I suppose he could be from a neighboring town/province. Can anyone help? Thanks so much!

I am looking specifically for Emilio Capriotti who we think was born around 1883. His name could have been documented as Emidio Capriotti. His father was Francesco Capriotti...

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks so much,
Malia
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Ascoli Piceno/Marche Help

Post by PippoM »

Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Ascoli Piceno/Marche Help

Post by suanj »

hmmm Pippo :D this Emilio was born on 24 Aug 1894 ... no on 1883....
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Ascoli Piceno/Marche Help

Post by suanj »

It could be that he used in USA also the first name Amedeo?

Amedeo Capriotte

United States World War I Draft Registration Cards

Name Amedeo Capriotte
Event Type Draft Registration
Event Date 1917-1918
Event Place Philadelphia City no 46, Pennsylvania, United States
Gender Male
Nationality Italy
Birth Date 13 Feb 1883
Birthplace , , Italy
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... cc=1968530



Amedeo Capriotte

United States Census, 1920

Name Amedeo Capriotte
Event Type Census
Event Date 1920
Event Place Philadelphia Ward 44, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Gender Male
Age 35
Marital Status Married
Race White
Race (Original) White
Can Read Yes
Can Write Yes
Relationship to Head of Household Head
Relationship to Head of Household (Original) Head
Own or Rent Own
Birth Year (Estimated) 1885
Birthplace Italy
Immigration Year 1907
Father's Birthplace Italy
Mother's Birthplace Italy
Sheet Letter A
Sheet Number 11



Household

Role

Sex

Age

Birthplace

Amedeo Capriotte Head M 35 Italy
Virginia Capriotte Wife F 30 Italy
Adelade Capriotte Daughter F 5 Pennsylvania
Francesco Capriotte Son M 0 Pennsylvania
Benardo Broccolino Boarder M 25 Italy

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... cc=1488411
your suggestions?
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Ascoli Piceno/Marche Help

Post by PippoM »

:oops: Mi sono confuso tra 1884 e 1894...
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
debbied1951
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 18 Jan 2018, 17:54

Re: Ascoli Piceno/Marche Help

Post by debbied1951 »

I'm new to Italian research and have a question regarding this area. I have found an immigration record for someone and the person entering the information wrote the place of birth of Ascoli Po. When I searched for this town online Ascoli Piceno came up. Could it be the same place? The province of Marche would make sense knowing what I do about the family. However, I thought I should ask those who know more than me about Italy before I make an assumption. Thanks!
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Ascoli Piceno/Marche Help

Post by PippoM »

I think it makes sense!
However, if you can share the document, you'll be able to get some more opinions.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
debbied1951
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 18 Jan 2018, 17:54

Re: Ascoli Piceno/Marche Help

Post by debbied1951 »

Thank you for responding. Here is the immigration record. It's the family on lines 22-24 that I'm interested in... Ascoli Po is on page 2 line 22.
Attachments
immigration maria delduca guiseppe amatucci p2.jpg
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Ascoli Piceno/Marche Help

Post by PippoM »

I think that's it.
More precisely, thru the name of the person they were going to join, if the person I've found is the right one:

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2386295

the origin was probably Montalto Marche, province of Ascoli Piceno:
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
debbied1951
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 18 Jan 2018, 17:54

Re: Ascoli Piceno/Marche Help

Post by debbied1951 »

That's it! Thank you for your help. It really appreciated.
Post Reply