I hopped on the Chicago consulate's website today and saw that they had some appointments available, so I grabbed one since I don't know when future batches of appointments will be released--I am confirmed for April 29, 2019.
Most of my relevant documents for the citizenship appointment come from Washington and Oregon, which is outside of Chicago's jurisdiction. Is my understanding correct that I have to have those documents translated, then the translations sent to the San Francisco consulate for a certification regarding the translation since Washington and Oregon are in San Francisco's jurisdiction? Any guidance is appreciated.
Thank you!
Confirmed Appointment in Chicago
Re: Confirmed Appointment in Chicago
No, you are mis-understanding the procedure. The only time you need to have documents certified at the consulate which has jurisdiction for where the record was created is if you are intending to apply in Italy. Your documents for submission to the Chicago consulate only need translation and apostille.
Re: Confirmed Appointment in Chicago
Thank you so much!

