Ancestry Birth Record and Death record

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Ancestry Birth Record and Death record

Post by adelfio »

Ok got your PM heres the Baptism record of Angelo Cubito
Record #101
1871 May 9th in the town of Linguaglossa church of Santa Maria delle Grazie the baptism of Angelo Cubito son of Antonino Cubito and Maria La Guzza

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... at=1142300

Church marriage of Antonino Cubito and Maria La Guzza
Record#12
1869 July 4th in the town of Linguaglossa church of Santa Maria delle Grazie marriage of Antonino Cubito son of Rosario Cubito married Maria La Guzza daughter of Francesco La Guzza

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... at=1142300

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
TomAlciere
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: 12 Sep 2015, 18:49

Re: Ancestry Birth Record and Death record

Post by TomAlciere »

Don't forget the family's records. If his child married in Italy, they would say figlio or figlia di, and the father, and where he is living. I've seen USA cities.
adelfio wrote: 30 Sep 2014, 23:40 You could check the death records (morti) of Castiglione di Sicilia they might have recorded his death back in Italy if the family stayed behind maybe try 1906-1907 check Part II in the year you are searching that's where they would register it if he died overseas
PG LINK TO RECORDS OF Castiglione di Sicilia
https://familysearch.org/search/image/i ... %3D2043496

Marty
Chocopies
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 86
Joined: 01 Mar 2018, 07:25

Re: Ancestry Birth Record and Death record

Post by Chocopies »

Regarding the original couple in this post, this was a case of two siblings marrying a pair of other siblings. Vincenza Cubito married Antonino Piazzitta on Feb 13, 1892. His parents were Salvatore Piazzitta and Paola Finocchiaro, and her parents were Antonino Cubito and Maria La Guzza.
Castello
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: 07 Feb 2014, 07:49

Re: Ancestry Birth Record and Death record

Post by Castello »

Wow awesome appreciate the effort

Looks like i need to go down to my local FHC to access the earlier birth records for the rest.

Struggling to translate any other information from these documents. Do they by chance have any further details? Especially regarding parents birthplaces or ages in them? If not what record should give me Rosarios place of birth and age at time Antonino was married/birth year?

Thanks again everybody!
Chocopies
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 86
Joined: 01 Mar 2018, 07:25

Re: Ancestry Birth Record and Death record

Post by Chocopies »

I will see what I can find out for you.
Chocopies
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 86
Joined: 01 Mar 2018, 07:25

Re: Ancestry Birth Record and Death record

Post by Chocopies »

Sorry for the delay, I have been away for a while. I found what may be Rosario's marriage. There was a Rosario Cubito who married a Francesca Boemi on July 27, 1836. This happened in Linguaglossa and his parents were listed as Pietro Cubito and Carmela Finocchiaro and her parents as Antonino Boemi and Marianna Pagano.

Were any of these first names found in your family (obviously Antonino is)?
Chocopies
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 86
Joined: 01 Mar 2018, 07:25

Re: Ancestry Birth Record and Death record

Post by Chocopies »

I am having trouble relocating the record I found with this information, but when I do I will give you a link.
Chocopies
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 86
Joined: 01 Mar 2018, 07:25

Re: Ancestry Birth Record and Death record

Post by Chocopies »

I found it: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... at=1142300

Look for it at the bottom left corner of the image.
Chocopies
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 86
Joined: 01 Mar 2018, 07:25

Re: Ancestry Birth Record and Death record

Post by Chocopies »

I found another Antonino Cubito. He is also the son of Antonino Cubito and Maria La Guzza and he married Anna Camuglia in Castiglione di Sicilia in 1902. His father's age was given as 62, confirming that his birth was around 1840. https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=583975
Post Reply