Hello,
My great grandfather was Pietro Pelliccia son of Valentino, from Ronciglione. I have discovered several birth records of his children born around 1886. In all of these records the name for the mother is identified as Beatrice Carelli. However, I do not see a name listed on this record for the mother ... instead there is text. Can someone please translate the information pertaining to the name of the mother?
Record #171 found via the link:
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 8.jpg.html
Thank you, Nancy
Name of the mother
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Name of the mother
Correct, the mother is not named. Basically it says that the child was born "from his natural union with an unmarried woman, who was not related to him, nor connected to him in any way that would present an obstacle to recognising the infant."
Angela
Angela
-
Caterina05271899
- Rookie

- Posts: 32
- Joined: 04 Apr 2015, 22:14
Re: Name of the mother
Thank you Angela for your prompt translation.
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Name of the mother
You are very welcome. I guess you've checked that the age, occupation, and address all match up with your Pietro son of Valentino?
Angela
Angela
-
Caterina05271899
- Rookie

- Posts: 32
- Joined: 04 Apr 2015, 22:14
Re: Name of the mother
Ciao Angela,
My Pietro was born in 1855 the son of Valentino with the same occupation (Ferravecchio).
The address is similar; the street name Borgo Garibaldi is the same but the house number is different.
So, if indeed this is my Pietro, then it appears that he was not a faithful husband ....
The good news is that I have a new ancestor to research!
My Pietro was born in 1855 the son of Valentino with the same occupation (Ferravecchio).
The address is similar; the street name Borgo Garibaldi is the same but the house number is different.
So, if indeed this is my Pietro, then it appears that he was not a faithful husband ....
The good news is that I have a new ancestor to research!
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Name of the mother
Ciao Nancy
Yes, it does seem like the same person - I had a quick look and found a birth record where Beatrice Carelli was his wife and the mother of a baby. Everything seemed to add up.
I suppose another scenario could be that he claimed paternity to protect a sister or a sisterinlaw - life was pretty brutal for young women who were unwed mums!!!! It will be interesting to see what became of this child. Happy searching.
Angela
Yes, it does seem like the same person - I had a quick look and found a birth record where Beatrice Carelli was his wife and the mother of a baby. Everything seemed to add up.
I suppose another scenario could be that he claimed paternity to protect a sister or a sisterinlaw - life was pretty brutal for young women who were unwed mums!!!! It will be interesting to see what became of this child. Happy searching.
Angela