Date question - re. Jure Sanguinis

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
User avatar
matei
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 46
Joined: 21 May 2008, 14:57
Location: England

Date question - re. Jure Sanguinis

Post by matei »

Hi all,

Apologies in advance if this question is obvious, just wanted to run it past a few more knowledgable people.

I was planning on applying for citizenship through my mum->grandfather->great-grandfather, the latter was born in Italy and emigrated to the USA in the early 1900s.

My grandfather was born in the US in 1919. He never renounced his Italian citizenship, was a US citizen by birth.

I believe that my great grandfather filed his declaration for naturalisation in 1918, there was a petition filed in 1921 and then an oath later that year. I think he got his citizenship in the 20's, I can't remember exactly the year.

My mum was born in 1947.

Based on the above - do the learned and experienced people of the forum think it is worth pursuing?

thanks!
User avatar
mler
Master
Master
Posts: 2515
Joined: 01 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Date question - re. Jure Sanguinis

Post by mler »

There is no problem with that line.
User avatar
matei
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 46
Joined: 21 May 2008, 14:57
Location: England

Re: Date question - re. Jure Sanguinis

Post by matei »

Super, thanks for that. Just wanted to be sure.
Post Reply