Italian ship manifests

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
Mcari
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: 30 Apr 2018, 10:36

Italian ship manifests

Post by Mcari »

I am currently trying to find where I can look at ship manifests (passenger lists) that arrived in Italy specifically ships that arrived into the port of Genova/Genoa between 1896-1902 from the port of Rio de Janiero. Thank you!

I have literally no idea where to look. I have tried looking through familysearch, but I am no expert at navigating that site.
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5841
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Italian ship manifests

Post by PippoM »

I'm sorry, but I believe such lists (TO Italian ports) do not exist.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Post Reply