Jure Sanguinis Application -- GGGF is ancestor, but missing GF marriage certificate

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
dbernard2000
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 28 May 2018, 20:19

Jure Sanguinis Application -- GGGF is ancestor, but missing GF marriage certificate

Post by dbernard2000 »

Hello everyone!

I have my appointment with the consulate in NYC, somewhere in February
but I'm hitting a block, and I'm afraid of what to do next...

My great-great-grandparents were both from Italy. I have their vital records all set and ready to go.
My great-grandfather was born 31 years after his father's naturalization in 1944, so we should be good there...

My grandparents were born in 1938/39 and supposedly married 1961... but the state cannot find any record of their marriage spanning years 1957-1964! I'm baffled because they were undoubtedly married... at the courthouse none the less!! So the state should have a file!

Does anyone have any experience on what to do without it? I wrote the city clerk so maybe there's something they know that I dont... but if they come back negative, what do I do to satisfy the NYC consulate?
Post Reply