Hi all,
My father and I are attempting to get our Italian Citizenships Iure Sanguinis. We both qualify for this, but he has more time on his hands right now, so he is spearheading the effort of gathering paperwork and applying.
My question is: is there a benefit for one of us to get the citizenship over the other? We both want to be citizens in the end, but I am wondering if I will really get a benefit from him becoming a citizen first. Once he is a de jure sanguinis citizen, is it easier for me to obtain my citizenship through him (rather than retracing everyone back to Italy)? Or, is it better for me to get the citizenship, because it would de facto make him a citizen as well?
I just don't want him to submit paperwork, then realize I'll have to trace everyone back to Italy all over again.
