Petruso/Lamberti

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
johnsoff
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: 18 May 2018, 03:14

Re: Petruso/Lamberti

Post by johnsoff »

Hi T. I started looking through the 3000+ pages and after about 20 pages, it began to look like one big blur. Any idea of another way? I can't read the Latin in the allegati so it was difficult for me to make sense of it. Thanks.

Christopher
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Petruso/Lamberti

Post by Tessa78 »

When you are searching on Family Search - for the allegati you can choose the "tile" view to see multiple pages at once. You should be able to recognize the title/cover pages from their format. Click only on those pages, click back to page view, and read the names on the cover page.
I do not look at EVERY page... only the cover sheets to find the couple. :-)

T.
johnsoff
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: 18 May 2018, 03:14

Re: Petruso/Lamberti

Post by johnsoff »

Thanks. I’ll try that!
johnsoff
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: 18 May 2018, 03:14

Re: Petruso/Lamberti

Post by johnsoff »

OK...I looked through all the pages and couldn't find anything on Girolama Lo Iacono and Giuseppe Petruso. I did find something for Vincenzo Petruso and Elizabetta Barretta on pages 330-336. I'll try to download them and see if I can get them translated. Any other ideas on trying to find Girolama Lo Iacono? As always, thanks so much for your help.
Christopher
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Petruso/Lamberti

Post by Tessa78 »

No need to download. Just post the link.

T.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Petruso/Lamberti

Post by Tessa78 »

Marriages usually took place in the hometown of the bride. Are you certain Girolama was born in Borgetto?

Looking for the marriages of their children may offer some clues.

T.
johnsoff
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: 18 May 2018, 03:14

Re: Petruso/Lamberti

Post by johnsoff »

No, I am not certain Girolama is from Borgetto. And you'll have to help me with posting the link. Do I post the link for the entire collection and give the specific pages that apply or am I supposed to do something else?
Christopher
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Petruso/Lamberti

Post by Tessa78 »

When you find a record and you are viewing the page, copy and paste the URL for the record into your post. If you want to include information about the image # that's fine.

This will work for both family search and antenatal sites. :D

T.
Lisapeters65
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 122
Joined: 28 Dec 2015, 04:47

Re: Petruso/Lamberti

Post by Lisapeters65 »

Hi there @johnsoff, I got your private message about the Petruso reunion but I can’t seem to get my message replies to send. They stay in the outbox. I was aware of the reunion. But I’m wondering who you are. Do you have a tree I can look at? I’d like to see how/if we are related. Sorry but I didn’t know how else to contact you.
Thanks,
Lisa
Post Reply