Hello,
I hope someone here can help me. I was born in Sicily and came here in 1957 and I am still an Italian citizen. Myself and 3 siblings were on my mother's passport. That passport is lost. I am trying to get a passport but am having a very difficult time. The Italian Consulate will not give me a passport because I have no proof of entry. I do have a new green card but he will not accept this. He at one time did have a copy of my mother's passport but because of office moves they were lost. Does anyone know how or where I can obtain the following information? Original passport # and that I was on this passport with my mother. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Tina
Lost Passport
Re: Lost Passport
I'm not sure what information a 1957 ship manifest would have on it, but this would be proof of your arrival.
http://www.genesearch.com/ports.html
Does the Italian Consulate have any suggestions?
http://www.italyemb.nw.dc.us/consolati.htm
How about trying the place in Italy where the passport was issued?
http://www.genesearch.com/ports.html
Does the Italian Consulate have any suggestions?
http://www.italyemb.nw.dc.us/consolati.htm
How about trying the place in Italy where the passport was issued?
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Re: Lost Passport
You can request the passport record in ItalY: in Prefettura of your provincebirth.. also in your birtplace you can ask the residence certificate, where are wrote that you left Italy...
suanj
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Lost Passport
Try posting at the following site, there is an attorney whose specialty is Itallian law whcih may be able to answer your question and point you in the right direction, registration is free.......
http://www.virtualitalia.com/
wldspirit
*posted at the same time.......or maybe I type to slow!!!!!
hugs!!!!
http://www.virtualitalia.com/
wldspirit
*posted at the same time.......or maybe I type to slow!!!!!
hugs!!!!
Re: Lost Passport
I just found this info on another thread & hope that it may help you to get the passport information.
Yes, he would have had to fill one of these out. I received my great grandfathers in the mail not to long ago and they contain quite a bit of information. I was lucky enough to receive both the part of the application that is given to the alien and the passbook. It contains their picture, where they lived, their fingerprint, their signature (or x if they couldn't write) and the name of a witness who was present. There is other info, birthdate, place, weight, height. > Alien Registration Application
Yes, he would have had to fill one of these out. I received my great grandfathers in the mail not to long ago and they contain quite a bit of information. I was lucky enough to receive both the part of the application that is given to the alien and the passbook. It contains their picture, where they lived, their fingerprint, their signature (or x if they couldn't write) and the name of a witness who was present. There is other info, birthdate, place, weight, height. > Alien Registration Application
Re: Lost Passport
I think that if you were born in Sicily and you are still an Italian citizien, just proof to the consulate to be an Italian citizien showing your birth certificate.tinaman wrote:Hello,
I hope someone here can help me. I was born in Sicily and came here in 1957 and I am still an Italian citizen. Myself and 3 siblings were on my mother's passport. That passport is lost. I am trying to get a passport but am having a very difficult time. The Italian Consulate will not give me a passport because I have no proof of entry. I do have a new green card but he will not accept this. He at one time did have a copy of my mother's passport but because of office moves they were lost. Does anyone know how or where I can obtain the following information? Original passport # and that I was on this passport with my mother. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Tina
It doesn't matter if there is not an entry file to US. You have the right to have an Italian passport as an Italian citizienship.
You are Italian because born in Italy (jure soli) from Italian parents (jure sanguinis)
bye Riccardo


