Need Info on Gaetano Canzoneri

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
delliott7756
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 45
Joined: 13 Jun 2012, 02:06
Location: Lakeland, Florida

Need Info on Gaetano Canzoneri

Post by delliott7756 »

He was born in Corleone, Sicily October 18, 1873. He departed to America 30 Oct. 1897 on the ship Victoria from Palermo to New York (95% sure). This is all I know, besides he married a lady named Rena, but he was single when he arived in New York.

Thanks,
Deb
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Need Info on Gaetano Canzoneri

Post by Tessa78 »

Do you have the arrival manifest from 1897?

Is this your Gaetano in the 1930 US Census in Louisiana?

Name: Gaetano Conzoneri
Birth Year: 1875
Gender: Male
Race: White
Age in 1930: 55
Birthplace: Italy
Marital Status: Married
Relation to Head of House: Head
Home in 1930: Police Jury Ward 6, Tangipahoa, Louisiana, USA
House Number: 129
Dwelling Number: 1044
Family Number: 1549
Home Owned or Rented: Rented
Radio Set: No
Lives on Farm: Yes
Age at First Marriage: 25
Attended School: No
Able to Read and Write: Yes
Father's Birthplace: Italy
Mother's Birthplace: Italy
Language Spoken: Italian
Immigration Year: 1900
Naturalization: Alien
Able to Speak English: No
Occupation: Farmer
Industry: Truck Driver
Class of Worker: Employer
Employment: Yes
Household Members:
Name Age
Gaetano Conzoneri 55
Rene Conzoneri 48
Mary Conzoneri 17
Tony Conzoneri 15
Joseph Conzoneri 13
John Conzoneri 11
Nichols Conzoneri 8
Carlo Conzoneri 8
Francis Conzoneri 5

T.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Need Info on Gaetano Canzoneri

Post by suanj »

Gaetano Giovanni Battista Canzoneri, born in Corleone on 23 Oct 1871 #441, son of Carmelo Giovanni Battista Canzoneri 25 old, and of Maria Anzalone 25 old.. The informant was the midwife. https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2051639
Regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Need Info on Gaetano Canzoneri

Post by Tessa78 »

Great find, suanj! :-)
When I could not find a birth from 1873-1876... I suspected that the year was inaccurate.

T.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Need Info on Gaetano Canzoneri

Post by suanj »

Thanks Tessa, in meantime I see that on my previous post, I made a typo: the record is the #449 and no #441, sorry ... always in a hurry...
hugs,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
delliott7756
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 45
Joined: 13 Jun 2012, 02:06
Location: Lakeland, Florida

Re: Need Info on Gaetano Canzoneri

Post by delliott7756 »

Thank you so much everyone, good work Suanj, but I don't see the names when I pull up your link
delliott7756
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 45
Joined: 13 Jun 2012, 02:06
Location: Lakeland, Florida

Re: Need Info on Gaetano Canzoneri

Post by delliott7756 »

Is Giovanni Battista name the church?
delliott7756
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 45
Joined: 13 Jun 2012, 02:06
Location: Lakeland, Florida

Re: Need Info on Gaetano Canzoneri

Post by delliott7756 »

Nevermind about Giovanni name question
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Need Info on Gaetano Canzoneri

Post by Tessa78 »

The link that suanj :-) provided is for the civil record of the birth of Gaetano Giovanni Battista Canzoneri (his full name). It is #449 on the top left side of the image. His name is in the margin, and appears on the 12th line of the record.

The child was presented to the official, as suanj noted, by the midwife Francesca Paola de Luca, age 68.

T.
delliott7756
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 45
Joined: 13 Jun 2012, 02:06
Location: Lakeland, Florida

Re: Need Info on Gaetano Canzoneri

Post by delliott7756 »

Tessa, I went to link provided, I typed in 449 at the page #, but I do not see what you say
delliott7756
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 45
Joined: 13 Jun 2012, 02:06
Location: Lakeland, Florida

Re: Need Info on Gaetano Canzoneri

Post by delliott7756 »

Will someone copy/paste to my email delliott7756@yahoo.com
delliott7756
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 45
Joined: 13 Jun 2012, 02:06
Location: Lakeland, Florida

Re: Need Info on Gaetano Canzoneri

Post by delliott7756 »

It was the ships log and the U.S> Find a Grave that said his birth was 1873
delliott7756
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 45
Joined: 13 Jun 2012, 02:06
Location: Lakeland, Florida

Re: Need Info on Gaetano Canzoneri

Post by delliott7756 »

Nevermind, I see it now, if it was a snake I would be sorry, LOL
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Need Info on Gaetano Canzoneri

Post by suanj »

If yuou don't have a familysearch account you cannot see the image.. however here the pic:
Image
https://s22.postimg.cc/s19awi5g1/canzoneri.jpg
save it on your pc
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
delliott7756
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 45
Joined: 13 Jun 2012, 02:06
Location: Lakeland, Florida

Re: Need Info on Gaetano Canzoneri

Post by delliott7756 »

Yes, I have a Family Search account, I just had to look very close to make out the name and of course I do not read nor speak Sicilian/Italian. I have been doing genealogy since the 1990's but still learning all the time. I always have to get translator's.

Thanks,
Elliott
Post Reply