My grandmother was born in the Bronx and NYC cannot find her birth certificate under her legal name or last name they changed to. They provided me with their not found documentation and will not create a delayed birth record.
I have her baptismal record from Mt Carmel and the consulate is looking for a "court order indicating the validity of the baptismal certificate and that it complies with the vital records statutes of City of New York".
Has anyone dealt with this? How/who in court will even deal with this? Any other pointers?
I already met with the consulate and they accepted all other documentation. I am seeking dual through my grandmother's father. Grazie!
NYC court order for deceased birth record not found
-
andreabartolomeo
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 07 Dec 2017, 02:32
Re: NYC court order for deceased birth record not found
Hi, I am in this same situation. Did you ever find an answer as to what to do?
Re: NYC court order for deceased birth record not found
Hi all.
If she got married or did any Sacraments in the Church, depending on the year, some Churches may have in their records, the address that they used to live at the time of the Baptism, Communion, Wedding.
I used to work on a Church and we have books from 3 different churches(2 of them close and the records were sent to the closest Church).
Through this record you may have a copy of how the name was written back then, and maybe you can obtain a copy of the birth record(in the sacraments records they usually write where the person was born)
Good luck
If she got married or did any Sacraments in the Church, depending on the year, some Churches may have in their records, the address that they used to live at the time of the Baptism, Communion, Wedding.
I used to work on a Church and we have books from 3 different churches(2 of them close and the records were sent to the closest Church).
Through this record you may have a copy of how the name was written back then, and maybe you can obtain a copy of the birth record(in the sacraments records they usually write where the person was born)
Good luck