Raia/Raio Family in Naples Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
rosemarieraia
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 13 Jun 2018, 19:47

Raia/Raio Family in Naples Italy

Post by rosemarieraia »

Hello,
I am restoring my family tree. My father whose family is from Torre Annunziata Naples area still lives in the area or so he believes.
My grandfather John was married there in the early 1900s. He had 2 children with his first wife and their names were Anna who worked in the Marble industry and John who later was a fisherman. There mother committed suicide when my grandfather told her he would come to America for opportunity. The woman's family went after my grandfather and he was forced to come to America. One child went to live with one grandmother and the other child with the the grandmother. My grandfather remarried here to my Grandmother and had 12 kids. One of which is my dad. Before my grandfather died in the early 1980s he did visit his kids and their kids there in Italy. One of his grandaughters names was Anna and she married a man named Luciano. I'm sorry I don't really have many names beyond that. My father is in his late 70s now and wants to reconnect with his siblings and nieces and nephews who he said looked like me with light hair and blue eyes. We realize they may be passed on now but I still have to try for my dad. My grandfather John was born in Naples around 1891. He had a sister Anne and 2 brothers Dominic and Frank. His parents were possibly Dominic Raia and Raphaela Bucciero. My ancestry DNA came back with Campagnia, Molise and Salerno. I'm sorry that's all I have in regards to Italy family on my dad's side. I am hoping someone out there might be looking for similar family names as well.
User avatar
Italysearcher
Master
Master
Posts: 3470
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
Location: Sora, Italy
Contact:

Re: Raia/Raio Family in Naples Italy

Post by Italysearcher »

There are some records on line for Torre Annunziata at www.familysearch.org but it will not connect you to living relatives but should get you close.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Post Reply