Am I Searching Correctly?

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Post Reply
scraig32
Elite
Elite
Posts: 463
Joined: 08 May 2012, 21:48

Am I Searching Correctly?

Post by scraig32 »

Hello all! I am trying to look up some death records from Palermo between 1820 and 1839. I am having lots of trouble and wanted to see if anyone knows if I am using the index on Antenati correctly or if you have any input. In particular I am trying to find the death records of Maria Anna Napolitano and Antonino Peres/Perez. I know that their daughter was born in and died in Palermo so that is why I am searching the Palermo records for their deaths. This is what I have done.'

1. Go to Palermo on Antenati
2. Go to the death indexes for Palermo.
3. Look up Napolitano and Peres/Perez
4. I have found multiple possibilities and have gone to the indicated section of Palermo with the date and year of death and each time it is the record for a different person.

For example- the index says that a Maria Anna Napolitano died on January 2, 1820 and it lists Oreto beside the listing.

Am I correct in then going to the Oreto files and looking in the 1820 records? I have at least 4 or 5 other dates, years and sections of Palermo and each takes me to a different person.

I am desperate to find out about my Maria and Antonino. They are my roadblock and I am hoping beyond hope to make some kind of break through so I can continue with my family research. Thank you thank you for any help or advice you can provide. I really appreciate you!
Suzanne
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Am I Searching Correctly?

Post by adelfio »

Morti 1860-1861 SEZIONE ORETO Morti 1820-1827
Family History Library
International Film1455807
7799196

Try at the Family History Computer you have to look there only there

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
scraig32
Elite
Elite
Posts: 463
Joined: 08 May 2012, 21:48

Re: Am I Searching Correctly?

Post by scraig32 »

ok, thanks so much Marty!
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Am I Searching Correctly?

Post by mmogno »

Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
scraig32
Elite
Elite
Posts: 463
Joined: 08 May 2012, 21:48

Re: Am I Searching Correctly?

Post by scraig32 »

No! Thank you, I will check them out in addition to going to my Family History Center.
beryl13
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 27 Jun 2018, 23:05

Re: Am I Searching Correctly?

Post by beryl13 »

by beryl13
looking for info from sardinia ozieri sur name Mu
Post Reply