How to find birth records
- terrimusto
- Rookie

- Posts: 51
- Joined: 19 Jul 2010, 21:14
How to find birth records
Please advise how I might find marriage and birth records for this area
Prepezzano, Giffoni Sei Casali, Salerno, Campania, Italy
Thank you.
Terri
Prepezzano, Giffoni Sei Casali, Salerno, Campania, Italy
Thank you.
Terri
Re: How to find birth records
Maybe try here (Prepezzano): https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... %20Library
And here (Prepezzano): https://www.familysearch.org/search/sea ... %3D1935404
And here (Giffoni Sei Casali) : https://www.familysearch.org/search/sea ... %3D1935404
And here (Campagna): https://www.familysearch.org/search/sea ... %3D1935404
And Salerno: https://www.familysearch.org/search/sea ... %3D1935404
Also try here: https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... 1300385-50
And here (Prepezzano): https://www.familysearch.org/search/sea ... %3D1935404
And here (Giffoni Sei Casali) : https://www.familysearch.org/search/sea ... %3D1935404
And here (Campagna): https://www.familysearch.org/search/sea ... %3D1935404
And Salerno: https://www.familysearch.org/search/sea ... %3D1935404
Also try here: https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... 1300385-50
- terrimusto
- Rookie

- Posts: 51
- Joined: 19 Jul 2010, 21:14
Re: How to find birth records
Thank you! I'll have to go to a local history center to get details, which I will do soon.
Re: How to find birth records
That's great! Maybe someone else on this board could help you with the Italian sources for documents like these too. Those you may be able to access from home. Good luck with your search!
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: How to find birth records
Take a look here: http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... i+Salerno/terrimusto wrote: 08 Jul 2018, 01:13 Please advise how I might find marriage and birth records for this area
Prepezzano, Giffoni Sei Casali, Salerno, Campania, Italy
Thank you.
Terri
Angela
Re: How to find birth records
try here fastdocuments.net
- terrimusto
- Rookie

- Posts: 51
- Joined: 19 Jul 2010, 21:14
Re: How to find birth records
Angela,
Thank you! Being a bit of a dunce, I've not yet been able to figure out how to successfully search but will continue to work on it.
Thank you! Being a bit of a dunce, I've not yet been able to figure out how to successfully search but will continue to work on it.
Re: How to find birth records
Hi,
my grand grandfather came from Italy around 1850, don't know and we think he was born in Vibonati Provincia de Salerno...He was married in Venezuela and stay and died there. his name GIOVANNI CAPOBIANCO . We need to find his birth certificate. we also know that they were 3 brothers that emigrate at the same time. One for Argentina, one for Brasil and the other one that concerns me emigrates to Venezuela.
best
Elaiza Irizarry Capobianco
my grand grandfather came from Italy around 1850, don't know and we think he was born in Vibonati Provincia de Salerno...He was married in Venezuela and stay and died there. his name GIOVANNI CAPOBIANCO . We need to find his birth certificate. we also know that they were 3 brothers that emigrate at the same time. One for Argentina, one for Brasil and the other one that concerns me emigrates to Venezuela.
best
Elaiza Irizarry Capobianco
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: How to find birth records
Hi there
I've broken down the towns you are interested in, into year groups for you. Hopefully it will make it easier and help you to understand the way Italian records are set up. Bare in mind that the years between the year groups can be flexible, you will find some years won't be there, possibly because they weren't available when the records were filmed. Best to you with your searching.
Campagna 1809-1815 (Napoleonico): http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... /Campagna/
Campagna 1816-1865 (Restaurazione): http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... /Campagna/
Campagna 1866-1915 – Deaths go to 1944 (Italiano):
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... iewsIndex=
Giffoni Sei Casali (Napoleonico): http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ei+Casali/
Giffoni Sei Casali (Restaurazione):
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ei+Casali/
Giffoni Sei Casali (Italiano): http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ei+Casali/
Angela
I've broken down the towns you are interested in, into year groups for you. Hopefully it will make it easier and help you to understand the way Italian records are set up. Bare in mind that the years between the year groups can be flexible, you will find some years won't be there, possibly because they weren't available when the records were filmed. Best to you with your searching.
Campagna 1809-1815 (Napoleonico): http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... /Campagna/
Campagna 1816-1865 (Restaurazione): http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... /Campagna/
Campagna 1866-1915 – Deaths go to 1944 (Italiano):
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... iewsIndex=
Giffoni Sei Casali (Napoleonico): http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ei+Casali/
Giffoni Sei Casali (Restaurazione):
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ei+Casali/
Giffoni Sei Casali (Italiano): http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ei+Casali/
Angela
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: How to find birth records
Following on from my previous post, records for Prepezzano and Salerno:
Prepezzano (Napoleonico): http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ei+Casali/
Prepezzano (Restaurazione):
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ei+Casali/
Prepezzano (Italiano): (Some years are missing) http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ei+Casali/
Salerno (Napoleonico): http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... o/Salerno/
Salerno (Restaurazione): http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... e/Salerno/
Salerno (Italiano): http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... o/Salerno/
I understand that some people have been having problems accessing this site. It's currently working well for me. At times it can be slow, maybe because of the volume of people that are visiting it at the same time. I always find that it works best for me from about 11.30 pm Italian time. If you need any help finding records there is always someone here happy to help.
Angela
Prepezzano (Napoleonico): http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ei+Casali/
Prepezzano (Restaurazione):
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ei+Casali/
Prepezzano (Italiano): (Some years are missing) http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ei+Casali/
Salerno (Napoleonico): http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... o/Salerno/
Salerno (Restaurazione): http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... e/Salerno/
Salerno (Italiano): http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... o/Salerno/
I understand that some people have been having problems accessing this site. It's currently working well for me. At times it can be slow, maybe because of the volume of people that are visiting it at the same time. I always find that it works best for me from about 11.30 pm Italian time. If you need any help finding records there is always someone here happy to help.
Angela
- terrimusto
- Rookie

- Posts: 51
- Joined: 19 Jul 2010, 21:14
Re: How to find birth records
Not had any luck getting into any of the sites - well to be specific -- I can get into a site but cannot get any files to open. Will keep trying.
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: How to find birth records
Sorry to hear that. I've just taken a quick look now at each town and random Birth years and was able to access the records. Who are you looking for, which town, which year and which type of civil record? Someone may be able to help.
Angela
Angela
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: How to find birth records
Hello Elaiza, welcome to the forum!ELAIZA wrote: 08 Jul 2018, 19:35 Hi,
my grand grandfather came from Italy around 1850, don't know and we think he was born in Vibonati Provincia de Salerno...He was married in Venezuela and stay and died there. his name GIOVANNI CAPOBIANCO . We need to find his birth certificate. we also know that they were 3 brothers that emigrate at the same time. One for Argentina, one for Brasil and the other one that concerns me emigrates to Venezuela.
best
Elaiza Irizarry Capobianco
Because you are a new member of the forum, this post has only just appeared here, and so that is why you haven't yet received a response. I think that it would be a good idea for you to set up a separate thread here. (Click on "New Topic") Hopefully someone will be able to help you. (The name Capobianco is a popular name in Italia, found in most regions.)
Best to you.
Angela
- terrimusto
- Rookie

- Posts: 51
- Joined: 19 Jul 2010, 21:14
Re: How to find birth records
Angela,
I've found a birth record for a Genoveffa Noschese in Giffoni Sei Casali in 1883. I can find her in the compilation list of names. It looks like her record is #27. How do I use that to find her record? Now, I don't know if this Benoveffa Nochhese is my GM --that is her name but all records I've got show her DOB as 1888. And if I locate the record, is there anyone out there who can translate enough of it to tell me her parents' names. Thank you so much. Now I just have to troll through to find the sisters. Oh and #26 is an Angela Noschese. Wonder if that might be a twin?
I've found a birth record for a Genoveffa Noschese in Giffoni Sei Casali in 1883. I can find her in the compilation list of names. It looks like her record is #27. How do I use that to find her record? Now, I don't know if this Benoveffa Nochhese is my GM --that is her name but all records I've got show her DOB as 1888. And if I locate the record, is there anyone out there who can translate enough of it to tell me her parents' names. Thank you so much. Now I just have to troll through to find the sisters. Oh and #26 is an Angela Noschese. Wonder if that might be a twin?
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: How to find birth records
Hi there terrimusto
Here's the birth record that you are referring to – "Numero ventisette" (Number twentyseven). Sometimes you are looking for the numbers of the particular Act in numerals and sometimes they are written in words, in this case it is words, that's possibly why you may have had difficulty.
Her parents were Carminantonio Noschese, 32yo, colono (farmer), and Brigida Roberto, daughter of deceased Felice, legitimate wife of Carminantonio Noschese. She was a contadina (farmer) aged 36. Yes, you are correct, she was a twin (gemello).
Any records you find, just post them on the translations section. There are lots of great translators here and there is always plenty of backup if any record is tricky to read.
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
Edit to add: She was born 2.15 am on 11 April 1883, same day birth was registered.
Angela
Here's the birth record that you are referring to – "Numero ventisette" (Number twentyseven). Sometimes you are looking for the numbers of the particular Act in numerals and sometimes they are written in words, in this case it is words, that's possibly why you may have had difficulty.
Her parents were Carminantonio Noschese, 32yo, colono (farmer), and Brigida Roberto, daughter of deceased Felice, legitimate wife of Carminantonio Noschese. She was a contadina (farmer) aged 36. Yes, you are correct, she was a twin (gemello).
Any records you find, just post them on the translations section. There are lots of great translators here and there is always plenty of backup if any record is tricky to read.
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
Edit to add: She was born 2.15 am on 11 April 1883, same day birth was registered.
Angela
