Is one of them a processetto?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
TomAlciere
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: 12 Sep 2015, 18:49

Is one of them a processetto?

Post by TomAlciere »

I'm doing a big compilation of the Castelcivita records and that includes many processetti.

The browser who is unaware needs to know that processetti are sets of records filed with marriages, including copies of birth or baptism records, and death records, as well as consent papers. A first view makes you think it is nothing but random records but you need to know that these are sets that go with marriage records.

However, if I am citing one image as a source, do I call it a processetto? I need a definitive answer from somebody fluent in Italian and familiar with these records.
Post Reply