Researching Luogosano

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Post Reply
clerio
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 150
Joined: 22 Jun 2018, 23:09

Researching Luogosano

Post by clerio »

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone else is researching in the town of Luogosano. I have gone back as far as I can with the Antenati records, these have been super helpful! Has anyone had luck with parish records, etc? I have reached out to the town administrators twice, but never heard back. Just wondering where to turn next with my research. Thank you so much!

Crystal
Researching: DiSpirito and Ferrante from Luogosano
Lerio from Brendola
Gioiosa (Gioioso) from Macchia Di Sernia
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Researching Luogosano

Post by erudita74 »

Parrocchia di S. Maria Maggiore e S. Marcellino Mirabella
Piazza Giovanni XXIII
83040 Luogosano (AV)
Italia

Sac. Nicolino Di Stasio (priest)

You could try writing to the parish to inquire about your ancestors' records. If the priest does have time to look up info for you, he will expect a donation for his efforts. He may even request the donation before checking his records. Here's a sample letter in Italian

http://geocities.ws/paulanigro/italian- ... tter4.html
clerio
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 150
Joined: 22 Jun 2018, 23:09

Re: Researching Luogosano

Post by clerio »

Thank you Erudita! I will try that route and see where it gets me. :)
Researching: DiSpirito and Ferrante from Luogosano
Lerio from Brendola
Gioiosa (Gioioso) from Macchia Di Sernia
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Researching Luogosano

Post by erudita74 »

You're very welcome, Crystal. Hopefully, you'll get lucky.
Erudita
Post Reply