I have written the Rev. Mario Cassata, Parroco della Parrocchia Maria SS. della Neve, in Lercara Friddi with no success.
After rereading the letter I wrote I found I did not offer to make a donation. Would this be why I did not receive a response? I was requesting baptismal records for some of my family 1879-1886. I was also looking for any baptismal records for another part of the family from the same church.
It has now been some time (22 Jun). Should I write again and include the offer of a donation.
Thanks,
lilbees
Church in Lercara Friddi
Church in Lercara Friddi
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Church in Lercara Friddi
Lilbees responses from parish priests are very individual. Each piest is on his own to do or respond as he wishes. I do know that the Mormon Church people used to recommend (several years ago) $15.00 donation so know it should be higher but I do have a question to ask?? Do you really need the baptismal certificates since you can obtain birth,marriage and death certificates free of charge!! from the Uffico di Stato Civile in Lercara Friddi.
If this is the case for you then go to http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html for the form letters in Italian language to mail. The address to send your request is UFFICIO DI STATO CIVILE,PIAZZA ABATE ROMANO 5, LECARA FRIDDI,90025 (PA), SICILY, ITALY. Do not send any moeny and wait for 4-8 weeks for the document(s). =Peter=
If this is the case for you then go to http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html for the form letters in Italian language to mail. The address to send your request is UFFICIO DI STATO CIVILE,PIAZZA ABATE ROMANO 5, LECARA FRIDDI,90025 (PA), SICILY, ITALY. Do not send any moeny and wait for 4-8 weeks for the document(s). =Peter=
~Peter~
Re: Church in Lercara Friddi
Thanks Peter for your response.
I need the baptismal certificates because it has the information for the godparents who are a part of my great grandmother's family.
When I was searching for my great aunts and uncles the clerk at the Stato Civile office went to the church and located the baptismal records and was able to help me to obtain the official state birth records. She was not able to copy the church records and suggested I write to the priest to see if he would be of assistance.
I only have the names of my great grandmother's birth parents but not her siblings who acted as god parents to her children born in Lercara Friddi. I am still missing my grandfather's birth record and hoped the church could also help in locating his record.
lilbees
I need the baptismal certificates because it has the information for the godparents who are a part of my great grandmother's family.
When I was searching for my great aunts and uncles the clerk at the Stato Civile office went to the church and located the baptismal records and was able to help me to obtain the official state birth records. She was not able to copy the church records and suggested I write to the priest to see if he would be of assistance.
I only have the names of my great grandmother's birth parents but not her siblings who acted as god parents to her children born in Lercara Friddi. I am still missing my grandfather's birth record and hoped the church could also help in locating his record.
lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Church in Lercara Friddi
It might be a good idea to send another request and mentioning that you wish to make a donation for the effort of the Parish priest in furnishing you with the baptismal certificate(s) and ask what a suitable donation would be.
I assume you make your request in Italian language but if you wish you can go to http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html for a form letter to the parish priest in Italian. =Peter=
I assume you make your request in Italian language but if you wish you can go to http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html for a form letter to the parish priest in Italian. =Peter=
~Peter~
Re: Church in Lercara Friddi
Thank you so much for your suggestion Peter. I am a clunk at trying to write with a machine translator so will use the form letter you suggested.
lilbees
lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
Re: Church in Lercara Friddi
I have had a similar experience with the church. And, for the same reasons, the baptismal papers are important to have. I plan on visiting in a few weeks and was hoping to make an appointment to search the records myself if that’s allowed. Any communication and response from the church would be immensely helpful.
