Giaquinto Information needed (Found At Last)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by suanj »

Hi, are only a person in 1930 census with similar surname in New York:


View Record
Gertunde Gigante name Gigante,
name Gigante
city, Kings, info
abt 1919


if someone can look the census... I cannot find other info about this Gertrude ... it is only a chance... I know that the birthyear is no right, but is better to eliminate any probabilities... regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by nuccia »

This is the info on the person Suanj mentioned above.

1930 United States Federal Census Recordinfo
about Gertunde Gigante
Name: Gertunde Gigante
Age: 11
Estimated birth year: abt 1919
Relation to head-of-house: Daughter
Father's Name: Domenick Gigante
Mother's Name: Marie Gigante
Home in 1930: Brooklyn, Kings, New York

I'll link it as well...

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/5206 ... rge4xa.gif

Hope this helps.
Nuccia :D
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by suanj »

Hi Nuccia thanks, in effects the surname is Gigante; the father is Domenico and no Giacomo, emigrated in 1895 http://ellisisland.org/search/shipmanif ... 5147020278
however this is the ONLY Gertrude that I found! thanks, kisses, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by suanj »

however I cannot find the births of this Gertrude in Brooklyn.. and in Brooklyn 1925 census don't are......also nobody Gertrude Giaquinto.... but this woman in some part of USA must be born! suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by nuccia »

Suanj,

I'm starting to think that Gertrude was a middle name...This happened to me when I was looking for my grandmother. We couldn't find her anywhere until we realized (including my dad) that she had always used her middle name and not her first name.

What do think of this theory?

Nuccia :?
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by suanj »

yes me too have this idea... but was is the right name? big problem! kisses, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by suanj »

here is the direcotories of Plattsburgh until 1960
Plattsburgh 1886-1960 http://www.loc.gov/rr/microform/uscity/ny.html
perhaps are some record... suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by suanj »

I sended two email to Egan people in Plattsburgh, I hope in a reply... http://www.pressrepublican.com/cgi-bin/ ... ew+Records
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
jancrowe
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 118
Joined: 15 Apr 2006, 00:00
Location: canada

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by jancrowe »

Hi all;
all these postings are super.......
to answer the question as to why Gertrude may be posting in the UK she may have been told that the father Brian took him back there when she didn't get him back.

may also be right that Gertrude is the middle name

is there a way to e-mail the birth certificate to you
will be back on later.
janice
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by nuccia »

jancrowe,

Where in Canada do you live? I live in Toronto. If this is close to you then perhaps we can talk by phone.

Otherwise, if you own a scanner, scan the copy to your computer and then we can link it using imageshack or you can email copies to anyone interested in helping.

I'll be waiting for your reply.

Nuccia :D
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by suanj »

Janice, for sure Gertrude was convinced that Wayne and Brian was back in UK....the middle name could be..... searching again, take care, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by suanj »

Janice I faxed now Missingyou asking info, because by email tehy no replied! regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by jcsm400 »

delete

info requested at top of page 6
User avatar
jancrowe
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 118
Joined: 15 Apr 2006, 00:00
Location: canada

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by jancrowe »

suanj;

I haven't heard from Missing you either, the messgaes sent had to have been received or woulddn't they have been returned to them undeliverable??

If I send out an e-mail and it cannot be delivered it is sent back to me within minutes. I cannot imagine that they would not have someone there that doesn't flag undelivered mail and inform the senders.

I just sent nuccia a message that included that Brian and Wayne ended up just outside Toronto in a place called "The Forks of the Credit" When Brian died in 1977 they were living in Brampton. Wayne still lives that way but I live in Cornwall.

Hope that you get a reply tomorrow from missing you.
Janice
User avatar
jancrowe
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 118
Joined: 15 Apr 2006, 00:00
Location: canada

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by jancrowe »

jcsm;
On the 6 search results that came upin the UK were any after the year 2000??
janice
Post Reply