Am I eligible for Italian citizenship?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
DiStasio4029
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 08 Aug 2018, 21:14

Am I eligible for Italian citizenship?

Post by DiStasio4029 »

Hi,
My father was born in Italy in 1948. He came to the USA in 1956. He became a naturalized American citizen when he was a minor, in approx. 1960. He remained in USA and my paternal grandparents returned to Italy. In 2008 he returned to Italy and now claims residency in Italy. I am wondering if I am eligible for Italian citizenship either through him since he now claims residency, or through my paternal grandparents who are Italian citizens? Any insight would be great.
Thank you.
User avatar
mler
Master
Master
Posts: 2515
Joined: 01 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Am I eligible for Italian citizenship?

Post by mler »

Are you a minor? If not, no.
Post Reply