Hi,
My great-grandmother Mary Lepre (b. Maria Di Prisco) is said to have a last residence in Italy of "Pagani". However, when I put that location into Google Maps, it didn't yield any locations. Her ship sailed out of Naples and as far as my family knows we are Napolitian. Is Pagani a neighborhood in Naples? Any help would be appreciated!
--WeGotASayinInBklyn
Question about "Pagani" or Naples...
-
WeGotASayinInBklyn
- Newbie

- Posts: 6
- Joined: 12 Aug 2018, 21:00
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Question about "Pagani" or Naples...
This might help:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pagani,_Campania
https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Naples/Pagani
Civil records for Pagani (Province of Salerno) can be found here:
Italiano: http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... gani/Nati/
Restaurazione:
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ne/Pagani/
Napoleonico:
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... co/Pagani/
Angela
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pagani,_Campania
https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Naples/Pagani
Civil records for Pagani (Province of Salerno) can be found here:
Italiano: http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... gani/Nati/
Restaurazione:
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ne/Pagani/
Napoleonico:
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... co/Pagani/
Angela
Re: Question about "Pagani" or Naples...
Pagani is part of the province of Salerno, but not far from Naples (about 25 miles).
I'm from there, and I can say our dialect and customs are more similar to those of Naples then to the southern part of the province of Salerno (one of the widest in Italy).
If you have any curiosity about Pagani, feel free to ask!
I'm from there, and I can say our dialect and customs are more similar to those of Naples then to the southern part of the province of Salerno (one of the widest in Italy).
If you have any curiosity about Pagani, feel free to ask!
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.