Hello guys, I need help to find an Italian birth registry of my great-grandfather. I have 2 Brazilian documents with the following details:
city: Oderzo or Treviso
great-grandfather: José Bortoluzzi (or Giuseppe)
his father: Domingos Bortoluzzi (or Domenico)
his mother: Ana Mascherin (or Joana)
his brother: Pedro Bortoluzzi (or Pietro)
The surname also can have variations (e.g.: Bortolucci). It was a common translation error between Italian and Brazilian-Portuguese language few years ago.
Thanks,
Bortoluzzi Family
Re: Bortoluzzi Family
Welcome to the forum!
The spelling of the surname in Oderzo, Treviso is Bortoluzzi
Do you have an approximate year of birth for your GGF?
And what is the name of his wife?
T.
The spelling of the surname in Oderzo, Treviso is Bortoluzzi
Do you have an approximate year of birth for your GGF?
And what is the name of his wife?
T.
Re: Bortoluzzi Family
hello,
Yes, the approximately year of birth is 1880 - 1883.
he had two wives in Brazil
1st - Domenica Donadoni
2nd - Tereza Bortolotto
the sister of his father was born in Venice (1841) and her name was Giusepha Carnevalli Bortoluzzi and she got married with Giuliano Martino Manzoli.
This is my FamilyTree on FamilySearch ( I am still updating it)
https://www.familysearch.org/tree/pedig ... /LKQK-PBZ
Yes, the approximately year of birth is 1880 - 1883.
he had two wives in Brazil
1st - Domenica Donadoni
2nd - Tereza Bortolotto
the sister of his father was born in Venice (1841) and her name was Giusepha Carnevalli Bortoluzzi and she got married with Giuliano Martino Manzoli.
This is my FamilyTree on FamilySearch ( I am still updating it)
https://www.familysearch.org/tree/pedig ... /LKQK-PBZ
Re: Bortoluzzi Family
I just received an email that José Bortoluzzi (or Giuseppe) is not registered in Treviso.
(check attachement)
(check attachement)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Re: Bortoluzzi Family
Yes, the COMUNE of Treviso does not have a birth for Giuseppe Bortoluzzi -
However, they sent you a list of other comuni (towns) in the PROVINCE of Treviso that may be consulted.
You should write to the Comune of Oderzo since you thought that is where he was born, and the records are held at the local level.
Address:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Via Garibaldi (palazzo "Cà Diedo")
31046 Oderzo (TV)
ITALY
***
There are some digitized records available online for Oderzo, but some years are missing.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1947831
T.
However, they sent you a list of other comuni (towns) in the PROVINCE of Treviso that may be consulted.
You should write to the Comune of Oderzo since you thought that is where he was born, and the records are held at the local level.
Address:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Via Garibaldi (palazzo "Cà Diedo")
31046 Oderzo (TV)
ITALY
***
There are some digitized records available online for Oderzo, but some years are missing.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1947831
T.
Re: Bortoluzzi Family
Thank you!!
I will write them and post here the results!
I will write them and post here the results!
- trevisan2
- Master

- Posts: 639
- Joined: 23 Oct 2004, 00:00
- Location: Utah, Mareno di Piave (TV)
- Contact:
Re: Bortoluzzi Family
I will take a look to see if I can find it.
Trevisan2
Trevisan2
Researching in the provincia di Treviso, Italy, Provaglio Sopra, Val Sabbia of Brescia.
Domege di Cadore, Cavalo, Fumane, Verona
Forno di Rivara, TO, Canischio, TO
Domege di Cadore, Cavalo, Fumane, Verona
Forno di Rivara, TO, Canischio, TO
