Looking for birth/death records on my ancestors

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
Kayjrene
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 19 Aug 2018, 18:30

Looking for birth/death records on my ancestors

Post by Kayjrene »

Hello. I've been doing a lot of research on my family tree. My grandmother Shirley Ross told me that a John Mercurio Ross, who was her great-grandfather, is from Italy and that his name was possibly changed when he came to the US. From what I could find so far, I found out that his father his Adolpho Mercurio and his mother his Rosalia Gamboni. John Mercurio Ross was born in 1850 in Palermo, Sicily, Italy; but I don't have any other information in regards to his parents to continue my research on my Italian family side. I'm needing some assistance if at all possible.

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Kayjrene
zinaibre
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 13:51

Re: Looking for birth/death records on my ancestors

Post by zinaibre »

Hello,

Do you have a familySearch account ? if not, just create it (it is free)


there are many "John Ross" there and you can check other details. It may be a starting point.

John Ross - FamilySearch research
https://www.familysearch.org/search/rec ... 3AGamboni~

:D
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Looking for birth/death records on my ancestors

Post by PippoM »

CAn you provide some more info?
Where he settled, when he went to USA, when he died, wife, children...
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Post Reply