Citizenship via my great-great grandfather

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
Biancos
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 25 Aug 2018, 04:02

Citizenship via my great-great grandfather

Post by Biancos »

Hi all,

I'm wondering if I qualify for citizenship. I think I do but I don't want to spend all the money on this if I don't.
Timeline:
Great-great-grandfather b. in 1845 in Poirino
nat. 1919 in UK
d. 1941 Rapallo

Great-grandfather b. 1895 UK
d. 1989 UK

Grandfather b. 1923 UK

Mother b. 1953 UK

Me b. 1987 Canada

I think I qualify because the last female ancestor is my mother and she was born after 1948. My great-great grandfather naturalized in 1919 AFTER my great-grandfather was born (1895). My great-great grandfather was born in 1845 before unification but was alive in 1861 so that still works. Am I right?
User avatar
mler
Master
Master
Posts: 2515
Joined: 01 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Citizenship via my great-great grandfather

Post by mler »

If your mother didn’t naturalize in Canada before you were born, you qualify. (Don’t know the naturalization rules for UK citizens)
Post Reply