Hi
I am trying to find information on the following families who lived in and around Gera, Lario Lake Como in the mid 1800's but may have originated elsewhere.
Gerolamo & Maria Bacciarelli nee Ferrario parents of Antonio (1835-1876) & Maria (1825 - 1891) Gera Lario
Carli Antonio Delphi & Maria Orsola Dell'Oro nee Pedrazzini parents of Mavoriglia Dell'Oro (abt 1834-1886)
Antonio & Mavoriglia Bacciarelli nee Dell'Oro (also known as Maria) - I have found 4 of their children Maria, Giaseppe, Giovanni Battista and Angela Adele but believe they had other siblings.
Guiseppe/Giaseppe and his brother Giovanni emigrated to the UK, married and ran businesses there. Giovanni Battista Bacciarelli married Silvia Gardellor/Gardella 1891 Holborn. She was daughter of a Miller called Petri/Pietri Gardellor
I have extensive info already on my gr grandfather Giovanni and his brother Giaseppe's families from when they came to the UK but would appreciate any information on the rest of the families.
Thanks
Bacciarelli, Dell'Oro, Gardella, Ferrario, Pedrazzini
-
vocalistuk
- Newbie

- Posts: 12
- Joined: 12 May 2017, 03:03
- Contact:
Re: Bacciarelli, Dell'Oro, Gardella, Ferrario, Pedrazzini
You have this?
Here is the birth act of Giovanni Battista Bacciarelli in Gera Lario in 1866
#12
Dated 10 December 1866 at the town office at 9 AM
Before the official in Gera, ... appeared Antonio Bacciarelli, son of deceased Girolamo, age 40, fisherman residing in this town of Gera, to present a male child who was born on 5 December at 11 PM to his wife, Marola Dell'Oro, daughter of deceased Carl'Antonio, [she] was residing with her husband at the house at #47, and to this son was given the name GIOVANNI BATTISTA.
Present as witnesses to the recording of this birth was Giuseppe Caraccio, son of deceased Domenico, 27, fisherman; and Cascarini Battista Ferrario (or Battista Ferrario Cascarini), son of deceased Giuseppe, 52, bother residing in this town of Gera.
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043815
T.
Here is the birth act of Giovanni Battista Bacciarelli in Gera Lario in 1866
#12
Dated 10 December 1866 at the town office at 9 AM
Before the official in Gera, ... appeared Antonio Bacciarelli, son of deceased Girolamo, age 40, fisherman residing in this town of Gera, to present a male child who was born on 5 December at 11 PM to his wife, Marola Dell'Oro, daughter of deceased Carl'Antonio, [she] was residing with her husband at the house at #47, and to this son was given the name GIOVANNI BATTISTA.
Present as witnesses to the recording of this birth was Giuseppe Caraccio, son of deceased Domenico, 27, fisherman; and Cascarini Battista Ferrario (or Battista Ferrario Cascarini), son of deceased Giuseppe, 52, bother residing in this town of Gera.
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043815
T.
Re: Bacciarelli, Dell'Oro, Gardella, Ferrario, Pedrazzini
And this?
Death Act of Maora Dell'Oro in 1886
#1
Maria died 8 January 1886
She was age 52, housewife, born in Novate Mezzola to deceased Antonio Dell'Oro who resided in Novate Mezzola; and to deceased Maria Orsola Pedrazzini who resided in Novate Mezzola;
Maora/Maria was the widow of Antonio Bacciarelli
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043815
***
Death of Adelina Bacciarelli in 1883
#14
Adelina died at age 12, on 22 November 1883.
She was the daughter of the deceased Antonio and of the living Maora Dell'Oro.
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043815
AND... on the same day died their daughter Maria, age 21.
She was the wife of Giovanni Peverelli
#12
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043815
T.
Death Act of Maora Dell'Oro in 1886
#1
Maria died 8 January 1886
She was age 52, housewife, born in Novate Mezzola to deceased Antonio Dell'Oro who resided in Novate Mezzola; and to deceased Maria Orsola Pedrazzini who resided in Novate Mezzola;
Maora/Maria was the widow of Antonio Bacciarelli
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043815
***
Death of Adelina Bacciarelli in 1883
#14
Adelina died at age 12, on 22 November 1883.
She was the daughter of the deceased Antonio and of the living Maora Dell'Oro.
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043815
AND... on the same day died their daughter Maria, age 21.
She was the wife of Giovanni Peverelli
#12
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043815
T.
Re: Bacciarelli, Dell'Oro, Gardella, Ferrario, Pedrazzini
I suspect you already have this one...
The death act of Antonio Bacciarelli, husband of Maura Dall'Oro [this is the spelling in the record] Death on 5 October 1876.
Age 49, fisherman, born in Gera to Gerolamo (deceased) and Maria Ferrario (deceased)
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043815
T.
The death act of Antonio Bacciarelli, husband of Maura Dall'Oro [this is the spelling in the record] Death on 5 October 1876.
Age 49, fisherman, born in Gera to Gerolamo (deceased) and Maria Ferrario (deceased)
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043815
T.
-
vocalistuk
- Newbie

- Posts: 12
- Joined: 12 May 2017, 03:03
- Contact:
Re: Bacciarelli, Dell'Oro, Gardella, Ferrario, Pedrazzini
Hi Tessa78,
Thank you so much for the information - I am really sorry that it has taken so long to respond, I did not receive a notification that my post had any comments and forgot to check it so am mortified that I did not manage to thank you for taking the time to provide the images and translations which are much appreciated.
I do have some of the information as have tried to collect everything I can which indicates the Bacciarelli surname in Gera, but find the images difficult to read and I have to rely on a couple of genealogy books and google translate which is limited to say the least! For instance, your translation of my gr grandfathers birth shows that one of the witnesses was possibly related to father Antonio's mother who was Maria Ferrario and his wife Maora Dell'Oro death act has her birthplace (the squiggle for which I could never figure out!).
I would love to discover more about the family - I have some information on other family members, including a brother but there are a lot of gaps like Antonio & Maora's marriage and both of their births and where they are buried - guess it has to be in one of the two churches in Gera but which one!
Appreciate any help finding more!
Thank you!
Thank you so much for the information - I am really sorry that it has taken so long to respond, I did not receive a notification that my post had any comments and forgot to check it so am mortified that I did not manage to thank you for taking the time to provide the images and translations which are much appreciated.
I do have some of the information as have tried to collect everything I can which indicates the Bacciarelli surname in Gera, but find the images difficult to read and I have to rely on a couple of genealogy books and google translate which is limited to say the least! For instance, your translation of my gr grandfathers birth shows that one of the witnesses was possibly related to father Antonio's mother who was Maria Ferrario and his wife Maora Dell'Oro death act has her birthplace (the squiggle for which I could never figure out!).
I would love to discover more about the family - I have some information on other family members, including a brother but there are a lot of gaps like Antonio & Maora's marriage and both of their births and where they are buried - guess it has to be in one of the two churches in Gera but which one!
Appreciate any help finding more!
Thank you!
