Back to brick wall

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
Buttercup40
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: 14 Sep 2018, 12:06

Back to brick wall

Post by Buttercup40 »

Hi since posting my request for help with army records ww1 in search for my ggrandad I have discovered he was in the army service corp as a dr
Driver but his records have not survived so I am back hitting my head against a brick wall
I have such little background on him the only link I have is the podesta/queirolo couple he lived with a few years after arriving in England
Up till this point from all my research I have done he seemed to have no links to other Italians he lived with an English miner and his family and was working on the coke ovens at beighton in Derbyshire. He then marries an English girl and ha a son
Then in 1910 /11 he moves to live with his ‘ Italian relatives’ but I’m not sure how they are related or if they are even related
I know from help on genti Di mare they came from genova area which is where we believed he came from but I only have very flimsy information on him
Do you think it would be worth my while trying to trace the podesta line in order to try and find a link or am I just better giving up . I feel a little uncomfortable tracing someone else’s family but it could be my only chance ever to find where my family came from
Thankyou linda
User avatar
Italysearcher
Master
Master
Posts: 3470
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
Location: Sora, Italy
Contact:

Re: Back to brick wall

Post by Italysearcher »

I don't know why you would feel uncomfortable. The records will eventually be on line and essentially public (if they are not already) and it may lead you to find your own family.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Buttercup40
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: 14 Sep 2018, 12:06

Re: Back to brick wall

Post by Buttercup40 »

Thankyou you are quite right and as I have more information on the other family it may lead to something
When you are searching for your own relatives it is quite an emotional journey and I have been banging my head against a brick wall for so long I really need to refocus my search so thankyou for the push
Linda
Post Reply