Looking for info on Maggie Giufre Calabrese

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
Bobby1
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: 31 Oct 2018, 04:35

Looking for info on Maggie Giufre Calabrese

Post by Bobby1 »

Born in 1862 from the Reggio Calabria area. Had three known sons, Rosario Antonio Calabrese, joe and tony. Joe was the oldest. Not sure of husbands name. He never made it to the US but I know he died shortly after being released from prison.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Looking for info on Maggie Giufre Calabrese

Post by suanj »

Hi, I am pretty sure that this record is abt Rosario Calabrese:

Rosario Calabrese
United States World War I Draft Registration Cards
Name
Rosario Calabrese
Event Type
Draft Registration
Event Date
1917-1918
Event Place
Perry County, Kentucky, United States
Gender
Male
Nationality
Italy
Birth Date
08 Apr 1884
Birthplace
, , Italy
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... cc=1968530
and he was born in Calanna in province of Reggio Calabria...
here the Birth record:

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
click to enlarge..
born in Calanna on 8 apr 1884 son of Domenico Calabrese 30 old, unreadable profession, and of Domenica Giuffrè

..............
on 26 aug 1882 was born Giuseppe( Joe)

Giueseppe Calabrese
United States World War I Draft Registration Cards
Name
Giueseppe Calabrese
Event Type
Draft Registration
Event Date
1917-1918
Event Place
Perry County, Kentucky, United States
Gender
Male
Nationality
Italy
Birth Date
26 Aug 1882
Birthplace
, , Italy

and right Birth date, obviously, here the Birth record:

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0

-------------------------------
Domenica Giuffrè arrival:
Domenica Giuffre
New York Passenger Arrival Lists (Ellis Island)
Name
Domenica Giuffre
Event Type
Immigration
Event Date
03 Sep 1920
Event Place
Ellis Island, New York City, New York, United States
Residence Place
Calanna, Italy
Gender
Female
Age
61
Marital Status
Widow
Nationality
Italy, Italian South
Birth Year
1859
Departure Port
Genoa
Ship Name
Duca d'Aosta
Arrival Contact Name
Giuseppe Calabrese
Arrival Contact Name Relationship
Son
Page Number
14
Affiliate Line Number
0024

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1368704
when she was called Maggie in USA I don't know, but she was Domenica Giuffrè married to Domenico Calabrese
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Looking for info on Maggie Giufre Calabrese

Post by suanj »

Marriage: Calanna 24 Nov 1881
Domenico Calabrese 23 old farmhand born and residing in Milanesi hamlet of Calanna, son of Rosario Calabrese and of late Grazia ..( unreadable) to marry Domenica Giuffrè 21 old spinner, born and residing in milanesi hamlet of Calanna, daughter of Rosario Giuffrè and of Maria Cosoleto
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
click to enlarge.
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Looking for info on Maggie Giufre Calabrese

Post by suanj »

Domenica Giuffrè Birth: Milanesi ( hamlet of Calanna) 21 nov 1859 #17
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 7.jpg.html
click to enlarge
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Post Reply