Hello everyone,
I have found a death record for my bisnonno Giovanni Mangani but am struggling to decipher the final lines. I am hoping that this information explains why he died. He was living in Ramacca but died in the nearby town of Mineo where I think he was working.
Here is the link to the FamilySearch record:
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... at=2387865
Thank you in advance!
Bisnonno Giovanni Mangani Death Record
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Bisnonno Giovanni Mangani Death Record
Italian death acts rarely give cause of death. He was 76 so old age probably. Those final lines just say they read the act out loud because the declarent and witnesses were illiterate.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Bisnonno Giovanni Mangani Death Record
It says he died in the house in Contrada Cameto in Ramacca. I don't know where you see Mineo.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
- Josie07M11
- Veteran

- Posts: 122
- Joined: 12 Dec 2010, 13:29
Re: Bisnonno Giovanni Mangani Death Record
Thank you!
Actually, earlier in the record is states:
"avendo ricevuto dall'Ufficiale Stato Civile del Commune di Mineo copia di morte, transcrivo per intero la copia stessa.." and then the witnesses appear to be residents from Mineo.
I figured that it's in Parte 2 of the Atti di Morte for 1946 because although he was a resident he did not die in Ramacca. My Italian is very reliant on Google Translate though so I could be wrong!
I appreciate you clearing up those last lines. It's sad these records don't explain the cause of death. How interesting it would be to know!
Actually, earlier in the record is states:
"avendo ricevuto dall'Ufficiale Stato Civile del Commune di Mineo copia di morte, transcrivo per intero la copia stessa.." and then the witnesses appear to be residents from Mineo.
I figured that it's in Parte 2 of the Atti di Morte for 1946 because although he was a resident he did not die in Ramacca. My Italian is very reliant on Google Translate though so I could be wrong!
I appreciate you clearing up those last lines. It's sad these records don't explain the cause of death. How interesting it would be to know!
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Bisnonno Giovanni Mangani Death Record
Giovanni Mangani 76yo died in Mineo, contrada Canneto, on Sept 7 1946.
Born in Chiaramonte Gulfi, son of late Luciano and late Giorgia Elia, he was the widower of Salvatrice Cutraro.
Act transcribed in Ramacca on Dec 2
As Ann Tatangelo said the last lines states that the act was not signed by the witnesses because they were illiterate
Born in Chiaramonte Gulfi, son of late Luciano and late Giorgia Elia, he was the widower of Salvatrice Cutraro.
Act transcribed in Ramacca on Dec 2
As Ann Tatangelo said the last lines states that the act was not signed by the witnesses because they were illiterate