After spending a lot of time over the past several months traipsing through the images of Italian Stato Civile records, I've decided to start indexing the records of Modugno in Bari, where half of my Italian ancestry hails from. It's a somewhat sizeable project, although not insurmountable and can be handled bit by bit - in the past month I've already done the 1809-1811 births and deaths (there's between 200 and 250 of each per year).
I've also set up a Weebly page to host the results, modeled on a couple of others I've seen. It's definitely a work in progress. In the meantime, please take a look at what I've put together so far (especially the indexes, which I set up in LibreOffice Calc and then imported into MS Access for better reporting capabilities). I suspect I will end up chunking the index files into 5-10 year groups to keep them a manageable size.
https://modugnogenealogy.weebly.com/
https://modugnogenealogy.weebly.com/upl ... births.pdf
https://modugnogenealogy.weebly.com/upl ... deaths.pdf
I'd love to hear your comments and suggestions!
Looking for comments on my new Modugno genealogy site
-
Cousinvinny
- Rookie

- Posts: 32
- Joined: 25 Feb 2018, 01:14
- Location: Chicago
-
Rick Berni
- Veteran

- Posts: 141
- Joined: 26 Nov 2018, 19:26
Re: Looking for comments on my new Modugno genealogy site
Great Job Cousinvinny! I really like how you have organized the site and included documentation. My mother's father is from Modugno and I have been recording info from Antenati as well.
I also have family in Calabria and there is a great blog similar to yours called San Vincenzo La Costa Genealogy.However, this site does not include documentation, as yours does.
Keep up the good work and I will be keeping track of your progress.
Rick
I also have family in Calabria and there is a great blog similar to yours called San Vincenzo La Costa Genealogy.However, this site does not include documentation, as yours does.
Keep up the good work and I will be keeping track of your progress.
Rick
-
kopawi5854
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 26 Oct 2022, 08:48
Re: Looking for comments on my new Modugno genealogy site
I just launched my new Modugno Italian genealogy blog. This is designed with the Italian-speaking audience in mind, and I would love to get your feedback on it. Hop over to the site and let me know what you think of it. In particular, I am looking for suggestions on three things:
1. The organization of the different sections (Currently, I have 'memorie storiche' (historical memories), 'storia' (history), 'testi novelli' (new texts) & 'testi attuali' (current texts).
2. The overall design of the site.
3. Any suggestions for other things that may help make this site into the best source for Modugno people to record and share their stories.
Please leave a comment below or send me a message on my contact huff post page .
1. The organization of the different sections (Currently, I have 'memorie storiche' (historical memories), 'storia' (history), 'testi novelli' (new texts) & 'testi attuali' (current texts).
2. The overall design of the site.
3. Any suggestions for other things that may help make this site into the best source for Modugno people to record and share their stories.
Please leave a comment below or send me a message on my contact huff post page .
Re: Looking for comments on my new Modugno genealogy site
Ensure that information is well-organized, with separate sections for different branches of the family, historical documents, photographs, and user-submitted stories. Drive Mad
-
truonganna
- Newbie

- Posts: 5
- Joined: 19 Oct 2024, 05:16
- Contact:
Re: Looking for comments on my new Modugno genealogy site
This is the wisdom I spent my thirties searching for! we become what we behold If only I could have learned it sooner!