Giaquinto Information needed (Found At Last)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
Marisa6
Elite
Elite
Posts: 362
Joined: 09 Mar 2006, 00:00
Location: Scotland

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by Marisa6 »

Nothing wrong with being nutzzz - it never did me any harm...
Visocchi, Forte, Marcantonio, Iannetta
User avatar
jancrowe
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 118
Joined: 15 Apr 2006, 00:00
Location: canada

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by jancrowe »

too boring otherwise.........some days wish there was a pub around the corner. don't have those here just pub wannabes

janice
User avatar
Marisa6
Elite
Elite
Posts: 362
Joined: 09 Mar 2006, 00:00
Location: Scotland

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by Marisa6 »

Ah well - the forum is about as good as a pub - you just need to have a wee glass of something when you are on it! I have just had a nightcap - mead - which is making me nice and sleepy. See you in the morning

Marisa xx
Visocchi, Forte, Marcantonio, Iannetta
User avatar
jancrowe
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 118
Joined: 15 Apr 2006, 00:00
Location: canada

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by jancrowe »

good night marisa and bless you
janice
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by jcsm400 »

I can't keep track of the time HERE, so to all how went to sleep, I hope you had very pleasant zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's. Same to everyone going there!

No reply on email yet (10:30pm CDT or 22:30?). Maybe tomorrow.

Janice,

Thanks for checking out Winniifred. She sounds like a very nice person to know. Bet she can tell some interesting old stories.


I hate waiting :!:
User avatar
mahart
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 104
Joined: 20 Mar 2006, 00:00
Location: Liverpool, England
Contact:

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by mahart »

Hi everyone,

Its 7.57 am here in Liverpool, I'm in work down by the Albert Dock on the waterfront, the sun is out and the sky is blue and the River mersey and Irish Sea are looking good.

I'm glad I could be of help and yes Marisa I think it is a good point about proof of divorce but in relation to the marriage certificate to Brian she would definitately had to provide proof of status but you would not be able to obtain a copy that was supplied with the marriage certificate because of the Data Protection Act, this would even discount the new freedom of information act. However, everyone note that under the new freedom of information act, archives and other institutions are bound to reply to you within 20 days of your submittence of a query but this can offset by the institution replying with we are dealing with your request, which then buys them more time (you can not win). It seems that there are rumblings with about groups to challeng the 100 year rule on UK census's because of this new freedom of information act, this would make the 1911 census accessable, now that would be good. Sorry gone off on a tangent again. I think we need to establish where Gertrude was divorced, UK or US once we have done this then it may be possible to go down the divorce route.

I think once people from the local family history forum pick up on this story I will make inroads to any leads here, the fact that Brian Selwood was a mariner hopefully will improve our chances because this forum is populated with many mariner and ex-mariners. Virtually all from this region have connections to the sea so somebody may have known the family or sailed with Brian, fingers crossed.

By the way Suanj, Nuccia and Marisa, remember I had to come to terms with me being descended from a little wood pigeon (Palombella), well I have just been commissioned to research old Dovecote's (pigeon houses) in the Liverpool region, can you believe it I can not escape. Are you sure it does not mean lion or wolf
Searching for Palombella family in Molfetta, Puglia

Mark
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by nuccia »

HI Mark,

"By the way Suanj, Nuccia and Marisa, remember I had to come to terms with me being descended from a little wood pigeon (Palombella), well I have just been commissioned to research old Dovecote's (pigeon houses) in the Liverpool region, can you believe it I can not escape. Are you sure it does not mean lion or wolf"

I don't know what to say!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you think someone's trying to tell you something :?: :?: :?: :?:

Nuccia :D :D :D
User avatar
Marisa6
Elite
Elite
Posts: 362
Joined: 09 Mar 2006, 00:00
Location: Scotland

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by Marisa6 »

:lol: I think thats what you call karma!

Beautiful morning here in Glasgow too. I've had the same problems with the Data Protection Act, and I also think the 100 year closure on the census is a little overbearing.

You will need to see if you can get an avatar with a little dove or something...

Marisa
Visocchi, Forte, Marcantonio, Iannetta
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by nuccia »

Marisa6 wrote::lol: I think thats what you call karma!

You will need to see if you can get an avatar with a little dove or something...
I think that's a wonderful idea :!:

Mark, definitely change your avator as Marisa's suggests. :D :D :D :D

Its only 4:30 am here and too early to tell what the weather will be like but hopefully it will be a nice day. Getting ready for work. Hopefully we will get good news for when I get back.

Janice...here's praying for a positive answer to our prayers. My sitter suggestted praying to St. Anthony for help (he's very religious) and I've found in the past that he usually answers all prayers. I have faith :D

Hugs and Kisses to All!
Nuccia :D
User avatar
Marisa6
Elite
Elite
Posts: 362
Joined: 09 Mar 2006, 00:00
Location: Scotland

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by Marisa6 »

More Karma - Antony is the name of the man that Suanj contacted in Silver Springs - the one who said he would try to visit Gertrude!
Visocchi, Forte, Marcantonio, Iannetta
User avatar
jancrowe
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 118
Joined: 15 Apr 2006, 00:00
Location: canada

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by jancrowe »

karma is a good thing will definately pray

have been on-line but got distracted by phone calls and checking to see if any messages have come in

Wayne tells me this morning that Silver Springs has a population of about 4,000 and that there are two senior centers will try to send e-mail to the second one this morning.

Received Brian's naval records...........have to wait for son to get back and have him upload to here for Mark.

will be back to all later am realllllllly late for work

higs
Janice
User avatar
jancrowe
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 118
Joined: 15 Apr 2006, 00:00
Location: canada

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by jancrowe »

I'm back till my son gets the images links on. but Mark just was able to read the change in next of Kin and it seems as though(wife) Gertrude lived at 61 Bell Road Wallasey, cheshire when the changes were made you'll see yourself from the images. I am assuming that it may have been his mother's address 44 florence rd Wallasey, cheshire. Were these Council Houses??? Are there records one can check into?

I am still hoping that in finding out info on where they lived might help us in names, divorces anything even gossip that might have some truth to it.

Janice
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by suanj »

no news from Anthony today, but however this is address map of John and Gertrude Kolsch
waiting and hoping, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by suanj »

again me: from the PO Box it is possible to find something..???

John and Gertrude Kolsch
P O Box 458
Silver Springs, Nevada 89429-0458

it is possible to talk the post office in Silver Springs?
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by suanj »

Us Postal Service, Silver Springs Main Office
Po Box 9998 Silver Springs, NV 89429
Main Phone: 775-577-0703
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Post Reply