Oliva/Uliva Family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
Rick Berni
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 141
Joined: 26 Nov 2018, 19:26

Oliva/Uliva Family

Post by Rick Berni »

Hi Tessa and everyone else who has helped me in the past,
I am looking for information on my GGrandmother Albina Oliva/Uliva. I have seen it spelled both ways.
She was born March 3, 1870 in Magliano which is part of Rosciano or Bellocchi Fano, Pesaro Urbino now.Her father's name is Giocchino but I don't have any other info.
I would like to find her siblings to see if they married anyone with the surname Perlini or Vagnini. The reason for this, is because I know I am related to people with these surnames but have been unable to find the connection. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Rick
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Oliva/Uliva Family

Post by Tessa78 »

Rick Berni wrote: 06 Jan 2019, 20:10 Hi Tessa and everyone else who has helped me in the past,
I am looking for information on my GGrandmother Albina Oliva/Uliva. I have seen it spelled both ways.
She was born March 3, 1870 in Magliano which is part of Rosciano or Bellocchi Fano, Pesaro Urbino now.Her father's name is Giocchino but I don't have any other info.
I would like to find her siblings to see if they married anyone with the surname Perlini or Vagnini. The reason for this, is because I know I am related to people with these surnames but have been unable to find the connection. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Rick

Rosciano, Magliano and Bellocchi are frazione (hamlets) of the town of Fano.

T.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Oliva/Uliva Family

Post by Tessa78 »

Online records do not appear to exist past 1865...

You will need to write to the Comune of Fano for her birth act.

T.
Rick Berni
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 141
Joined: 26 Nov 2018, 19:26

Re: Oliva/Uliva Family

Post by Rick Berni »

Thanks Tessa. I have a ship manifest that says my grandfather, Enrico Bernacchia is going to live with his cousin Atillio Perlini in Sudbury Ontario Canada. He came to NY in 1912. I have not been able to find the connection through Bernacchia, so I thought I would try his mother's family.
Rick
Rick Berni
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 141
Joined: 26 Nov 2018, 19:26

Re: Oliva/Uliva Family

Post by Rick Berni »

Rick Berni wrote: 06 Jan 2019, 23:47 Thanks Tessa. I have a ship manifest that says my grandfather, Enrico Bernacchia is going to live with his cousin Attilio Perlini in Sudbury Ontario Canada. He came to NY in 1912. I have not been able to find the connection through Bernacchia, so I thought I would try his mother's family.
Rick
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Oliva/Uliva Family

Post by Tessa78 »

Yes, Rick, I remember that thread. :-)

https://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/ ... logy/44324

Why not write to Fano for a Perlini record?

T.
Rick Berni
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 141
Joined: 26 Nov 2018, 19:26

Re: Oliva/Uliva Family

Post by Rick Berni »

Thanks Tessa. That's probably the only way I'm going to find this info out.
Rick
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Oliva/Uliva Family

Post by Tessa78 »

Rick Berni wrote: 07 Jan 2019, 18:00 Thanks Tessa. That's probably the only way I'm going to find this info out.
Rick
According to Attilio's arrival manifest (with transit through to Copper Cliff, Canada), he is age 17 in 1908, and lists his place of birth as Fano. He is leaving his father, Giuseppe, in Fano. Maybe these facts will help the comune locate his birth act.

Also... he is traveling to his cousin, Antonio Toni (a surname found in Fano) in Copper Cliff. He appears to be traveling with three other passengers from Fano: Fenisia Tonelli, 21; Pietro Rosati, 35; Nazzareno Volpini, 25.

Attilio is on line 17
https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/74 ... _1158-0551

EDIT TO ADD***

There is a public tree for Attilio Perelini on Ancestry. Not much on it, but you may want to contact the owner.
Maybe between the two of you, you can fill in the missing pieces.
https://www.ancestry.com/family-tree/pe ... 3169/facts

T.
Rick Berni
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 141
Joined: 26 Nov 2018, 19:26

Re: Oliva/Uliva Family

Post by Rick Berni »

Thanks for all your help Tessa. I will follow your suggestions and hopefully find something out.
Rick
vagnini2025
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 13 Apr 2025, 12:41

Re: Oliva/Uliva Family

Post by vagnini2025 »

Hello-my father was born in San Marino and his last name is Vagnini. I am looking to try and find relatives which seems to be more difficult than my Irish maternal side.
Post Reply