Do I qualify for Jure Sanguinis?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
Inquisitor
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 03 Feb 2019, 04:39

Do I qualify for Jure Sanguinis?

Post by Inquisitor »

Hello everyone, glad to be here.

My great great grandparents emigrated to Argentina, and from what I could gather, never naturalized there. All that I could find were migration documents from there to NY, stating they were native to Stromboli. Im sure with some more digging I could find more.

There in Argentina, they birthed my great grandmother Frances before moving to NY. Despite hiring someone to look for birth records for my great grandmother in that region, none were found. All that exists are travel and census records saying she was born in Argentina.

Frances only naturalized 3 years after giving birth to my grandmother, who was raised as a native of USA, despite never naturalizing herself. I should also look into Frances husband in this case: he was Italian as well.

I do not believe my mother ever formally applied for naturalization, either.

Do i qualify? If so, where can I find a list of documents I would need to amass before applying?

Thank you for your time!
User avatar
mler
Master
Master
Posts: 2515
Joined: 01 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Do I qualify for Jure Sanguinis?

Post by mler »

It is very difficult to answer your question based on your narrative. Instead, list each ancestor with birth date, birth location and naturalization status. That information is essential in making a determination of eligibility.
Post Reply