Cantituccio Familia / Farindola-Pescara-Abruzzi
Cantituccio Familia / Farindola-Pescara-Abruzzi
My maternal Grandmother's maiden-name was Cantituccio and her Mother's maiden-name was DeJeospi. Her parent's emigrated to the U.S. in the early 1900's and were from the Town of Farindola. Unfortunately I have no other information on them. Any suggestions on how I might contact the Churches within Pescara/Farindola would be greatly appreciated as I've been selected as my Families historian, and I am thoroughly unfamiliar with this process.
Although Italian was spoken in my Grandparent's home while I was young, I never had the opportunity to speak or write in any language but english.
Any suggestions would be appreciated...
Ciou
Although Italian was spoken in my Grandparent's home while I was young, I never had the opportunity to speak or write in any language but english.
Any suggestions would be appreciated...
Ciou
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Cantituccio Familia / Farindola-Pescara-Abruzzi
I' think you will find most of what you are looking for here: https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... =512977-50
or
at www.antenati.it
Happy hunting.
or
at www.antenati.it
Happy hunting.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Re: Cantituccio Familia / Farindola-Pescara-Abruzzi
Welcome to IG website
Lets see the manifest you have
Marty
Lets see the manifest you have
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Cantituccio Familia / Farindola-Pescara-Abruzzi
What was your grandmother's first name? Whom did your grandmother marry? Did they marry in the US or Italy?Where did they live in the US? What were their children's names?
We'll need more information in order to help.
Biff
We'll need more information in order to help.
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: Cantituccio Familia / Farindola-Pescara-Abruzzi
I believe your grandmother's name was Gilda Catalutch (corruption of an Italian name); married John Junto aka Giunta whose parents were Francesco Paolo Giunta and Giuseppa Manerchia. Gilda's parents were Donato and Elisa/Elisena Di Giuseppe. Catalutch is a corruption of another surname.
Sister Mary's birth certificate:
Sister Mary's birth certificate:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: Cantituccio Familia / Farindola-Pescara-Abruzzi
Donato Cotilucci ship 1908 manifest, line 20
Age 21, leaves wife Elisa in Farindola
Age 21, leaves wife Elisa in Farindola
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: Cantituccio Familia / Farindola-Pescara-Abruzzi
Wife's 1909 did not sail manifest, line 27
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: Cantituccio Familia / Farindola-Pescara-Abruzzi
30 Jan 1908 Farindola marriage of Donato Cotelucci and Elisina Di Giuseppe
Donato Cotelucci, 30, a farmer, born and residing in Farindola, son of the deceased Nicola and the deceased Angela Marzola
Elisina Di Giuseppe, 20, born and living in Farindola, daughter of the deceased Vincenzo and Filomena Dell'Orso
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 9.jpg.html
Biff
Donato Cotelucci, 30, a farmer, born and residing in Farindola, son of the deceased Nicola and the deceased Angela Marzola
Elisina Di Giuseppe, 20, born and living in Farindola, daughter of the deceased Vincenzo and Filomena Dell'Orso
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 9.jpg.html
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: Cantituccio Familia / Farindola-Pescara-Abruzzi
From the marriage Allegati:
Donato Cotelucci birth act:
Born 13 March 1877, father Nicola, 42, a farmer; mother Angela Dea Marzola
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
Elisina Di Giuseppe birth act
Born 19 June 1886, father Vincenzo, 36, maker; mother Filomena Dell'Orso
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
Elisina's father Vincenzo's death act:
Died 25 December 1900 at age 49, a mason, son of the deceased Francesco, a mason, and Lucia Santa Carusi, a farmer; husband of Filomena Dell'Orso
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
Biff
Donato Cotelucci birth act:
Born 13 March 1877, father Nicola, 42, a farmer; mother Angela Dea Marzola
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
Elisina Di Giuseppe birth act
Born 19 June 1886, father Vincenzo, 36, maker; mother Filomena Dell'Orso
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
Elisina's father Vincenzo's death act:
Died 25 December 1900 at age 49, a mason, son of the deceased Francesco, a mason, and Lucia Santa Carusi, a farmer; husband of Filomena Dell'Orso
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: Cantituccio Familia / Farindola-Pescara-Abruzzi
Also from the Allegati is a three page Atto Notario
Is Donato living in the states and requesting a marriage in Italy since he's a US citizen?
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
Could use help translating or getting the gist of this document.
Biff
Is Donato living in the states and requesting a marriage in Italy since he's a US citizen?
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
Could use help translating or getting the gist of this document.
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: Cantituccio Familia / Farindola-Pescara-Abruzzi
Elisina's actual 1909 ship manifest, line 20, 2 page manifest
Last residence and place of birth Farindola
Joining husband Donato Cotelucci in Norristown PA
Last residence and place of birth Farindola
Joining husband Donato Cotelucci in Norristown PA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: Cantituccio Familia / Farindola-Pescara-Abruzzi
Donato Cotelucci's 1922 Pennsylvania death certificate
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
-
Loving_Life_2
- Newbie

- Posts: 9
- Joined: 17 Feb 2018, 00:30
- Location: Upper Chichester, PA
Re: Cantituccio Familia / Farindola-Pescara-Abruzzi
Hello "Biff83"..!
Words alone cannot suffice when it comes to the gratitude my Family wishes to express to you for the information that you've provided us. Several of us have searched on our own for decades, without locating the documents & information that you've provided here, on our Italian ancestor's. Due to Elisa & Donato's Grandchildren learning much while they were young, much was forgotten over the many years that passed before being asked by later generations.
Elisa had 12 children from two husbands, losing one in childbirth. Believe me when I tell you that many of her Great Grandchildren & beyond will now know more of her history, thanks to you and the research that you've done for us. Be assured of our prayers of gratitude for the Charity that you've taken the time to offer us, and know that you've done our Family an immense service of which we'll enjoy for generations to come.
Due to my inexperience with this wonderful web-site, I had misplaced my log-in info for the account that I submitted this request from. I attempted on many occasion's to locate it unsuccessfully, in order to check for any responses that may have been sent. For this reason I created the account that I'm communicating with-you through now.You cannot imagine how shocked I was this morning, when I reviewed the information that you've found for us.
Thank you so-much, as you've truly answered my prayer's...
Words alone cannot suffice when it comes to the gratitude my Family wishes to express to you for the information that you've provided us. Several of us have searched on our own for decades, without locating the documents & information that you've provided here, on our Italian ancestor's. Due to Elisa & Donato's Grandchildren learning much while they were young, much was forgotten over the many years that passed before being asked by later generations.
Elisa had 12 children from two husbands, losing one in childbirth. Believe me when I tell you that many of her Great Grandchildren & beyond will now know more of her history, thanks to you and the research that you've done for us. Be assured of our prayers of gratitude for the Charity that you've taken the time to offer us, and know that you've done our Family an immense service of which we'll enjoy for generations to come.
Due to my inexperience with this wonderful web-site, I had misplaced my log-in info for the account that I submitted this request from. I attempted on many occasion's to locate it unsuccessfully, in order to check for any responses that may have been sent. For this reason I created the account that I'm communicating with-you through now.You cannot imagine how shocked I was this morning, when I reviewed the information that you've found for us.
Thank you so-much, as you've truly answered my prayer's...
-
Loving_Life_2
- Newbie

- Posts: 9
- Joined: 17 Feb 2018, 00:30
- Location: Upper Chichester, PA
Re: Cantituccio Familia / Farindola-Pescara-Abruzzi
Hello "Adelfio",
Thank you...
Unfortunately I had no manifest's whatsoever, before "Biff83" shared those that he located, for me.
Thank you...
Unfortunately I had no manifest's whatsoever, before "Biff83" shared those that he located, for me.
-
Loving_Life_2
- Newbie

- Posts: 9
- Joined: 17 Feb 2018, 00:30
- Location: Upper Chichester, PA
Re: Cantituccio Familia / Farindola-Pescara-Abruzzi
Hello "Italysearcher",
Thank you very-much for taking the time to reply, and for the URL's that you've included. I will be exploring them thoroughly in the near future...
Thank you very-much for taking the time to reply, and for the URL's that you've included. I will be exploring them thoroughly in the near future...