If a parent receives eligibility for a 1948 case, they are considered jure sanguinis and a full citizen. I am assuming this is different than naturalization. I did not put my son in the lawsuit for certain reasons, but is there any reason why a child who turns 18 during that time cannot go to the consulate to apply if he was not on the original suit?
I received two answers. One attorney said, of course, he can apply at a consulate afterwards, while another person who runs a website (credentials unknown) says he has to go to court and argue the same case as I did even if I get approval.
Children turning 18 while waiting for eligibility of parent
Re: Children turning 18 while waiting for eligibility of parent
My quess is the latter.
I was interested in this because although my son applied with me, my daughter did not. I was told that if she applied at the same consulate at which I applied (fortunately, she would) they would then reference my application, but if she applied at another consulate, she would need to submit the entire document set.
If this is the case, it would be impossible for a consulate to reference your application. They would have proof of your citizenship, but I think the odds are that would be insufficient.
It may also be consulate dependent. You may want to contact your son’s consulate by email and ask them if your adult son can apply using only proof of your recognized citizenship. My consulate is NY.
I was interested in this because although my son applied with me, my daughter did not. I was told that if she applied at the same consulate at which I applied (fortunately, she would) they would then reference my application, but if she applied at another consulate, she would need to submit the entire document set.
If this is the case, it would be impossible for a consulate to reference your application. They would have proof of your citizenship, but I think the odds are that would be insufficient.
It may also be consulate dependent. You may want to contact your son’s consulate by email and ask them if your adult son can apply using only proof of your recognized citizenship. My consulate is NY.
Re: Children turning 18 while waiting for eligibility of parent
BTW, if you submit your application while your son is still a minor, he will be recognized with you even if he reaches his majority after the case is settled. That seems the best approach.

