looking for Bartolome Dr Ocello from Mezzanego, Liguria, Genoa

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
clindberg
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: 28 Mar 2019, 17:06

looking for Bartolome Dr Ocello from Mezzanego, Liguria, Genoa

Post by clindberg »

Hi,
I am looking for information about my great grandmother. She listed her name as Louise Bartolome Dr Ocello on her marriage certificate. She was born in May, 1861 in Mezzanego, Liguria, Genoa. She was orphaned as a child and was raised by a woman who took in orphans. I would like to find her birth parent's names but I am unsure if Bartolome Dr Ocello is her birth last name, her adoptive last name, or a combination of both. Does anyone have knowledge of Italian surnames as it pertains to orphans? Any suggestions on how I might find her birth parent's names?

Thanks
User avatar
Italysearcher
Master
Master
Posts: 3470
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
Location: Sora, Italy
Contact:

Re: looking for Bartolome Dr Ocello from Mezzanego, Liguria, Genoa

Post by Italysearcher »

There are lots posts about foundlings and abandoned babies on my website that you might find helpful
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
clindberg
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: 28 Mar 2019, 17:06

Re: looking for Bartolome Dr Ocello from Mezzanego, Liguria, Genoa

Post by clindberg »

Thank you for your response and I will be sure to look through your website for information on abandoned babies. I am curious though about my grandmothers last name (Bartolome dr Ocello). My very limited Italian makes me think that if this were a man, his name would be Bartholomew son of Ocello. But she is a woman named Louisa so what does this last name mean?

Thanks
Post Reply