I read the groom's town of birth as San Paolo Brosila? Am I correct. I cannot locate this.
thanks for your help
donna
SanPaolo Brosila?
SanPaolo Brosila?
Locations of interest: Ariano Irpino, Altavilla Irpina, Montaguto, Volturrara Irpina, Paternopoli, San Mango Sul Calore
https://ArianoIrpinoGenealogy.weebly.com/
https://paternopoligenealogy.weebly.com/
https://ArianoIrpinoGenealogy.weebly.com/
https://paternopoligenealogy.weebly.com/
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: SanPaolo Brosila?
I'm wondering whether it might be Sao Paulo Brazil? Just a suggestion.
Angela
Angela
Re: SanPaolo Brosila?
brilliant as usual, angela!!
i cannot locate him within the 8 yr span of his what would be his birth year given his age at time of marriage. so, off to another continent to confirm.... this is my great aunt's husband.
donna
i cannot locate him within the 8 yr span of his what would be his birth year given his age at time of marriage. so, off to another continent to confirm.... this is my great aunt's husband.
donna
Locations of interest: Ariano Irpino, Altavilla Irpina, Montaguto, Volturrara Irpina, Paternopoli, San Mango Sul Calore
https://ArianoIrpinoGenealogy.weebly.com/
https://paternopoligenealogy.weebly.com/
https://ArianoIrpinoGenealogy.weebly.com/
https://paternopoligenealogy.weebly.com/
Re: SanPaolo Brosila?
Please, can you post the link to the act of marriage?
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
Re: SanPaolo Brosila?
Hi Donna,dmt1955 wrote: 16 Jun 2019, 01:57 I read the groom's town of birth as San Paolo Brosila? Am I correct. I cannot locate this.
thanks for your help
donna
it is strange….. a Nicola Volpe born on 25 Dec 1886 son of Angelo Volpe and Filomena Picardi was born in Volturara Irpina!
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 8.jpg.html
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: SanPaolo Brosila?
a bit of light: Nicola Volpe went in Brasil with his parents on 23/Feb/1896 on Raggio ship, Landing in Santos port of Sao Paulo, Brasil
here the ship's manifest.. the age
http://www.inci.org.br/acervodigital/up ... 53_024.pdf
cannot be a coincidence I believe he is your ancestor and don't was born in Sao paulo.. but in Volturara.. what is YOUR suggestion?
Best,
suanj
here the ship's manifest.. the age
http://www.inci.org.br/acervodigital/up ... 53_024.pdf
cannot be a coincidence I believe he is your ancestor and don't was born in Sao paulo.. but in Volturara.. what is YOUR suggestion?
Best,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: SanPaolo Brosila?
I don't agree.
The family of Angelo Volpe emigrated to Brazil in 1896, as Suanj says.
But, In my opinion, the son Nicola (I) died there.
Then the couple had another son, born around 1900 in Sao Paulo (Brazil).
The groom was 23 yo in 1923.
This child too was named Nichola (II), the name of Angelo's father.
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 6.jpg.html
The family later returned to Italy.
Filomena died in 1914 in Volturara.
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 5.jpg.html
Nicola (II) married Angela Raimo in 1923 .
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 4.jpg.html
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 3.jpg.html
The family of Angelo Volpe emigrated to Brazil in 1896, as Suanj says.
But, In my opinion, the son Nicola (I) died there.
Then the couple had another son, born around 1900 in Sao Paulo (Brazil).
The groom was 23 yo in 1923.
This child too was named Nichola (II), the name of Angelo's father.
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 6.jpg.html
The family later returned to Italy.
Filomena died in 1914 in Volturara.
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 5.jpg.html
Nicola (II) married Angela Raimo in 1923 .
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 4.jpg.html
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 3.jpg.html
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: SanPaolo Brosila?
Thanks for the kind compliment, Donna. (I believe that mmogno is the true "star" here.)dmt1955 wrote: 16 Jun 2019, 13:20 brilliant as usual, angela!!
i cannot locate him within the 8 yr span of his what would be his birth year given his age at time of marriage. so, off to another continent to confirm.... this is my great aunt's husband.
donna
Kind regards
Angela
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: SanPaolo Brosila?
Fantastic finds, as usual, mmogno. I was busy when I quickly read Suanj's last post here, and I didn't have the time to followup. I had also wondered, at the time, whether there had been two Nicola's born to this couple, the first born in Italia, who died, and then a second Nicola born in San Paulo Brazil, as you have also suggested here and basically confirmed. It was frustrating not knowing what year Nicola and Angela married and I didn't have the time to look.mmogno wrote: 18 Jun 2019, 16:50 I don't agree.
The family of Angelo Volpe emigrated to Brazil in 1896, as Suanj says.
But, In my opinion, the son Nicola (I) died there.
Then the couple had another son, born around 1900 in Sao Paulo (Brazil).
The groom was 23 yo in 1923.
This child too was named Nichola (II), the name of Angelo's father.
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 6.jpg.html
The family later returned to Italy.
Filomena died in 1914 in Volturara.
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 5.jpg.html
Nicola (II) married Angela Raimo in 1923 .
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 4.jpg.html
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 3.jpg.html
I'm pleased you found the complete record. Thanks for solving the mystery and for comfirming the place of birth.
Angela
Re: SanPaolo Brosila?
THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH....for all your efforts. I was unaware of these additional posts, as I had not received any alerts. I am very appreciative of your efforts in following the leads and ferreting out the facts.
Donna
Donna
Locations of interest: Ariano Irpino, Altavilla Irpina, Montaguto, Volturrara Irpina, Paternopoli, San Mango Sul Calore
https://ArianoIrpinoGenealogy.weebly.com/
https://paternopoligenealogy.weebly.com/
https://ArianoIrpinoGenealogy.weebly.com/
https://paternopoligenealogy.weebly.com/
