documents

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
mercfam
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: 22 Jun 2019, 04:20

documents

Post by mercfam »

hello-i hope you can help me
I'm looking for any passport or travel documents, or italian identity papers, and any US documents, of my great grandfather- his details are

Santo Mercuri (son of Francesco)
Born 14-9-1880
Platania, Catanzaro
Travelled to US in March 1896, March 1906, and July 1913

He also travelled with his brothers Pasqaule and (Giuseppe)Antonio (this brother had 2 names)

I already have his military document, do you know where i can find a photo of him?
did the military take photos at that time?
Would the passport/cata d'identita have a photo? Would a record of this exist?

I hope you can help- i would really appreciate it

Maria
Post Reply