1948 Case

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
FLdave
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 09 Jul 2019, 20:50

1948 Case

Post by FLdave »

Hello all. I’m so happy to have found this great resource online. I’m hoping to obtain Italian citizenship via a 1948 case. I’d greatly appreciate any thoughts on my eligibility.

My paternal great grandmother was born in Italy, and immigrated to the United States in 1921. She married my great grandfather, who was also born in Italy, but who naturalized in 1921, prior to their marriage. I cannot find any records of naturalization for my great grandmother. My grandfather was born to them in 1926 in New York. My father was born in the United States, as was I.

My understanding is that I would have a 1948 case via my great grandmother, as there are no records of naturalization or of her otherwise renouncing her Italian citizenship. Does the fact that my great grandfather was naturalized prior to the birth of my grandfather negate my ability to pursue citizenship via my great grandmother’s Italian citizenship?

Thank you for your help!!!! I just don’t want to pursue a very costly (in time and money) endeavor if there’s no hope.
Post Reply