Soverati/Suverato in Jacurso

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
Cferra
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 147
Joined: 14 Jul 2017, 15:46

Soverati/Suverato in Jacurso

Post by Cferra »

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me with the wedding procession in Jacurso: http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ocessetti/

My Italian isn't that great and I'm looking for some information I need.

Thanks to the Thrulines and the Potential Ancestors gimmick on Ancestry, I have a potential ancestor for my 4th great-grandfather, Giuseppe Suverato. He was born around 1813. WikiTree profile here: https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Suverato-2

The potential ancestors are Francesco Soverati and Eleanora Caccavari who were born in 1780 in the town of Jacurso, Italy. Jacurso is a stone's throw away from where Giuseppe's daughter, my 3rd great-grandmother Rosa, was born. She was born in San Pietro a Maida on May 31st, 1843. I have that banns.

I checked out the tree that the information came from and saw that the person had records from the town of Jacurso. He even had Giuseppe Soverati born on May 25th, 1814 in Jacurso. Jacurso is 11 kms away from San Pietro a Maida. Not far at all.

I'm trying to figure out if Giuseppe Soverati and Giuseppe Suverato are the same person. I could use help. I already tried e-mailing the commune office in Jacurso and had no luck.

I'm hoping that the marriage procession on Antenati has info. The problem is I have no idea when Giuseppe got married to his wife, Concetta Nestico. It had to have been some point before 1843.

I know I shouldn't chase potential ancestors. But, this is actually a plausible lead considering the time Giuseppe Soverati was born and the distance between the two small towns. Can someone help me figure out what to do next? Perhaps family centers might have something. Problem is I have no idea when Giuseppe was married. Any help would be appreciated!

Oh and I spoke to the person whose tree it was in the Italian Genealogy group and he was curious, too! Dunno if he's a member here. But, we were both wondering the same thing!

Can someone here help me out? Thanks!
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Soverati/Suverato in Jacurso

Post by adelfio »

Try this at your local Family History Center first find the marriage record scoll down to records then we can find a proccessiti you are looking for

https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... %20Library


Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Cferra
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 147
Joined: 14 Jul 2017, 15:46

Re: Soverati/Suverato in Jacurso

Post by Cferra »

Thanks. But, I have a bit of an issue getting to one since they moved the closest one to me. It was an affiliate.

Plus, I am not that great at reading Italian.
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Soverati/Suverato in Jacurso

Post by adelfio »

Lets see he two birth or baptismal records of Soverati and Suverato 1814 if you have them?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Cferra
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 147
Joined: 14 Jul 2017, 15:46

Re: Soverati/Suverato in Jacurso

Post by Cferra »

I don't have them. Sorry. All I have is info from a tree that said Giuseppe Soverati was born May 25th, 1814 in Jacurso. I talked to the guy who created the tree and he said he got it from a birth banns in Jacurso. It was online at his local FHC. We're just wondering if he and the other Suverato were the same person and I do not have info on that. The info I do have came from the San Pietro a Maida commune office.
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Soverati/Suverato in Jacurso

Post by adelfio »

If its a birth record or baptismal record it would have the parents names on it

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Cferra
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 147
Joined: 14 Jul 2017, 15:46

Re: Soverati/Suverato in Jacurso

Post by Cferra »

Yes. But, I am not looking for that. Giuseppe Soverati's parents are Francesco Soverati and Eleanora Caccavari. They were born around 1780 in Jacurso. I do not have Giuseppe Suverato's birth. I'm trying to see if Giuseppe Soverati married Concetta Nestico.
Post Reply