Domenica CUROTTO (b~1845)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
tonyt071
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 21
Joined: 07 Jun 2019, 10:35

Domenica CUROTTO (b~1845)

Post by tonyt071 »

Can I ask for your help again please? I have not found any clue that Domenica CUROTTO emigrated to Sheffield / UK (with her son between 1870 and 1890). There are CUROTTO's in Sheffield but not the lady in question. Apart from the birth record of her son in 1870 (Giovanni Antonio Peperone), I cannot find any trace of her in Lavaggi, Borzonasca or Montemaggio - birth, marriage or death events - am I looking in the wrong location - any insights please?

#23
The year 1870, day 27 March, a Sunday, at 9 AM in Borzonasca in the office of the civil state. Before me GianBattista Marre', Secretary... in the town of Borzonasca, delegated on 23 December 1865. Personally appeared Domenico Costa, son of deceased Simone, age 50; and Giuseppe Maggi, son of deceased Antonio, age 64, landowners residing in Montemaggio of this town of Borzonasca, to inform of the death, as friends of the family of the deceased, declaring that at 1 PM today, 27th of the current month of March, died in Montemoggio, frazione Terze (third region), Casa Tealdo, Lotero Peperone, age 37, farmer, son of unknown parents, exposed (abandoned) at the Hospital of Genova, married with Domenica Curotto, daughter of the living Angelo, born in Genova, residing in said Montemaggio.

Many thanks
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Domenica CUROTTO (b~1845)

Post by Tessa78 »

Can you post the link to the birth of her son, Giovanni Antonio Peperone, in 1870, please?

T.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Domenica CUROTTO (b~1845)

Post by Tessa78 »

Thank you!

I see in the birth act that the child was presented by Luigia Curotto, sister of Domenica, both being the daughters of living Angelo. It appears that they all lived in Levaggi, and because of the distance the child was not presented to the official.

At the time of the birth of Giovanni, Domenica was age 36. Have you found other children born to Domenica and to Lotero? Perhaps you can trace them to UK?

It MAY be that Domenica Curotto married again. Have you checked the marriage acts in Levaggi/Borzonasca, for the years after the birth of Giovanni?

T.
tonyt071
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 21
Joined: 07 Jun 2019, 10:35

Re: Domenica CUROTTO (b~1845)

Post by tonyt071 »

Thank you Tessa again. Am I right that I need to search through frame by frame for each archive. I have found possible relatives but not translated the records but I cannot see Domenica
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Domenica CUROTTO (b~1845)

Post by Tessa78 »

tonyt071 wrote: 15 Jul 2019, 19:43 Thank you Tessa again. Am I right that I need to search through frame by frame for each archive. I have found possible relatives but not translated the records but I cannot see Domenica

If you mean the marriages... you can go to the index (at the beginning or end of each year) if there is one, and scan the bride's names line by line. That will be faster than looking at each record frame by frame.

T.
tonyt071
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 21
Joined: 07 Jun 2019, 10:35

Re: Domenica CUROTTO (b~1845)

Post by tonyt071 »

Domenica remarried in 1871 - https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... at=1911346

Could someone be so kind to translate the record for me please?

Tessa thank you for your suggestion #1 1871 matrimonio !
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Domenica CUROTTO (b~1845)

Post by Tessa78 »

The marriage record is for a Giuseppe Domenico Curotto, son of deceased Angelo Curotto and of Maria Maschio.
He is marrying with Maria Luigia Perazza.

This is not a remarriage for Domenica :-(

T.
tonyt071
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 21
Joined: 07 Jun 2019, 10:35

Re: Domenica CUROTTO (b~1845)

Post by tonyt071 »

Thank you - I thought it was too easy and forgive my lack of Italian skills - back to looking at the records tomorrow :)
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Domenica CUROTTO (b~1845)

Post by Tessa78 »

tonyt071 wrote: 17 Jul 2019, 00:27 Thank you - I thought it was too easy and forgive my lack of Italian skills - back to looking at the records tomorrow :)
Yes. That is part of the journey! :-)

T.
Post Reply