Possible 1948 case?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
cpisano87
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 25 Jul 2019, 21:22

Possible 1948 case?

Post by cpisano87 »

Hello,

Wondering if I am at a dead end here. I know that my paternal line is ruled out, but think there may be a line on maternal side.

GGF was born 1889 in Italy. Moved to US in 1907, naturalized in 1932.
GGM was born 1894 in Italy. Moved to US in 1911 and from what I can tell never naturalized.
GM was born in 1935 in US, so did not get citizenship from GGF.

Would there be a case to make that GM would have been eligible through GGM? Or would the fact that GGM was listed as the wife of GGF on his petition mean that she automatically renounced her citizenship (even though she didn't sign the petition also)?

I have requested naturalization documents on GGF to be sure, but curious if anyone would know the answer to that question.
Post Reply