SEEKING: Dual-Citizenship. Need help proving birth of great-grandfather

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
jennacorradoking
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 20 Aug 2019, 12:49

SEEKING: Dual-Citizenship. Need help proving birth of great-grandfather

Post by jennacorradoking »

Ciao tutti! I am an American and I qualify for dual-citizenship (under Category 10. - my maternal great-grandfather was born in Palermo. My grandfather was born in the United States. My great-grandfather was naturalized AFTER my grandfather was born in the USA. )

Details:

Name: Salvatore LaForte
Birth Location: Palermo
Birth Year: 1888 or 1889
Naturalized (USA): September 25, 1925
*I have the original naturalization document, however it is very hard to read (Naturally... it's nearly 100 years old!)
I think I need a clearer form of this document. It was issued in Brooklyn, NY

My grandfather (Carmello LaForte) was born in the United States in 1914.

My great-grandfather did not travel to the USA with a birth certificate. I don't know if he ever had one or if there was such a thing back then.

I need help proving he was born in Palermo. Can someone help me? I am the last generation of my family that qualifies for dual-citizenship through bloodline and this is very important to me.


Grazie Mille

- Jenna
User avatar
mler
Master
Master
Posts: 2515
Joined: 01 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: SEEKING: Dual-Citizenship. Need help proving birth of great-grandfather

Post by mler »

Why not write to Palermo with his approximate birth date.
Post Reply