Hello,
I've been lurking on this forum for a while, and came away with some great information. However, I'm at a loss. I'm looking for records for my great grandmother and coming up empty.
Here's what I know:
Name: Margherita Grassini
Born: Jan 11 1888
Birthplace: Somewhere in Lucca, Italy
Father: Giovanni Grassini
Mother: Unknown
Arrived in U.S. circa 1913
Last known address before departing italy was in Capannori, Lucca (Father Giovanni also resided in Capannori at
the time)
Married to Agabito DiPietro circa 1912
Agabito is from Bozzano, Lucca.
I know how to get the documents I need for Agabito, however, I'm having a difficult time tracking down Margherita. I know her birthdate, and that she was born somewhere in Lucca (perhaps the comune of Lucca or Capannori) but that's all I know.
For my dual citizenship, I need her birth certificate, and her marriage certificate to Agabito. I don't know where they got married, but I suspect it is in Capannori since she lived there shortly before departing for the U.S. and they tended to get married in the woman's home. I've found documentation on ancestry that suggests she was 24 when she first married, and Agabito (born 1891) was 21. So if this is true that means they were married sometime in 1912.
Any help that anyone could offer would be amazing. I've been searching through some of the microfilms on familysearch but coming up empty. It's also incredibly daunting.
Grazie!
Help Finding Great Grandmother
Re: Help Finding Great Grandmother
You say you know how to get the documents you need for Agabito Di Pietro...
No matter where they were married in Italy, there was required to be posted in each spouse's hometown, a publication of the banns of marriage. If you can locate the Publicazione in Bozzano for Abigato's marriage it should give you the bride's birthplace and the location of the marriage.
T.
No matter where they were married in Italy, there was required to be posted in each spouse's hometown, a publication of the banns of marriage. If you can locate the Publicazione in Bozzano for Abigato's marriage it should give you the bride's birthplace and the location of the marriage.
T.
Re: Help Finding Great Grandmother
Tessa78
That's a fantastic idea. I will try to follow that lead!
That's a fantastic idea. I will try to follow that lead!
Re: Help Finding Great Grandmother
Do you have right info
Index#196
1891 July 24th birth record in frazione (suburb) Bozzano of the town of Massarosa of Agabito Di Pietro son Massimo Di Pietro age 30 and Clorinda Augeri age 33
PG LINK
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=820382
Marty
Index#196
1891 July 24th birth record in frazione (suburb) Bozzano of the town of Massarosa of Agabito Di Pietro son Massimo Di Pietro age 30 and Clorinda Augeri age 33
PG LINK
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=820382
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Help Finding Great Grandmother
Look at line 28 in this shipmanfest
PG LINK
https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/74 ... 1527618166
Marty
PG LINK
https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/74 ... 1527618166
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty

