Italian Heritage

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
Isaac
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 20 Jul 2019, 04:11

Italian Heritage

Post by Isaac »

I am new to this site. How can I find my grandfather's immigration status and whether he is a naturalized citizen? Also how would I find his Italian citizenship?
User avatar
mler
Master
Master
Posts: 2515
Joined: 01 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Italian Heritage

Post by mler »

Why not begin with a trial membership on ancestry.com Alternately, many libraries offer free access to that site. If your gf naturalized, that would have been when his Italian citizenship ended. But there are also other possibilities, so check in with more details when you find out if and when he naturalized.
Post Reply